theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 14-09-17, 08:17 PM   #1
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
serious race car mg zs180 v6

This is not my car, but for those of you who followed the build thread of the silver zs race car as an 1800...
well, its now a v6 with quaife diff.
Its no longer my car but the owner is looking to sell it, now its quite a hardcore car and whilst it has a logbook etc, its not for the road.

Ideally it needs to be raced and with just a day or two's fettling and a half reasonable driver, its good to take race wins in somewhere like the MG Cup or Cockshoot cup...

AND IF YOUR 25 OR UNDER, YOU GET HALF PRICE RACE ENTRY FEE'S.

If you know anyone interested in going racing in the MG scene/ZS, then please come forward as it would be good to see this car put to its uses.

(hope this doesn't break any rules, its not my car, I'm not profiting in any way and its all in a good cause)
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-17, 07:22 PM   #2
LozMachine
Site Supporter

LozMachine is a jewel in the roughLozMachine is a jewel in the roughLozMachine is a jewel in the rough
£££ How much?
Old 16-09-17, 07:26 AM   #3
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
This is not my car, but for those of you who followed the build thread of the silver zs race car as an 1800...
well, its now a v6 with quaife diff.
Its no longer my car but the owner is looking to sell it, now its quite a hardcore car and whilst it has a logbook etc, its not for the road.

Ideally it needs to be raced and with just a day or two's fettling and a half reasonable driver, its good to take race wins in somewhere like the MG Cup or Cockshoot cup...

AND IF YOUR 25 OR UNDER, YOU GET HALF PRICE RACE ENTRY FEE'S.

If you know anyone interested in going racing in the MG scene/ZS, then please come forward as it would be good to see this car put to its uses.

(hope this doesn't break any rules, its not my car, I'm not profiting in any way and its all in a good cause)
Sounds a perfect setup for someone :-)

would like to see some details on the full spec of it and i could be spread around the forums, which i know are full of dickheads but there are some genuine ppl on there.

cheers
P.
Old 16-09-17, 07:34 AM   #4
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
spec please +price
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-17, 04:26 PM   #5
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged_Z View Post
spec please +price
still cant quite shake the zs call
Old 16-09-17, 05:46 PM   #6
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
This needs to go to somebody who is going to race it, not just break it for parts
Old 16-09-17, 07:40 PM   #7
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
price is c3500, that's all.

Its a race car, as such a full spec/build sheet is not going to be posted publicly for competitors or anyone to copy and paste.

The car features;

Rebuilt GAZ dampers to custom spec
custom spring rates incl. helper springs
Custom arb rates
2.5v6 with piper 270 cams - engine needs map to finalise - easy task.
zr160vvc gearset with quaife diff, box done zero miles since rebuild with new bearings.
pair of matching race seats, fia
In date harness
full fire extinguisher, kill switch, msa approved, its a race car, it passes scrutineering.
fairly cert it has extended studs on the hubs.
ABS active
300mm twin pot brakes up front, 260 rears
spherical bearing lca front and rear
adjustable camber all round
arches modded to run 9j rims, 235 rubber
full cage
2002 car mk2 kitted, silver, hatch
plenty more spec.

Excellent car, it needs a day to tidy the wiring loom since v6 fitted, to get the best out the chassis it will need a day or two testing with anti-roll bar settings, poss diff spring rates in 50 or 25lb increments and setting up dampers - just the usual test day stuff really, and corner weighting as now has v6.
There is no reason this car cannot win races outright, assuming the driver is of a half reasonable standard.
The car is not merely a podium finisher, nor will it troll round at the back , the last ZS race car to sell sold for 3500 and its spec and performance was not a patch on this one.

The car will not be sold to just anyone, nor broken for parts, any interested parties should come forward with their intentions, once a sale is agreed in principle, a full spec would be on the table.

Last edited by Mark S; 16-09-17 at 07:43 PM.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-17, 07:51 PM   #8
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneekyparrot View Post
still cant quite shake the zs call
have a car with 600 bhp but tbh on track you cant beat a light 2wd hot hatch as such... so nope i have found a new supercharger for sale for the v6... tempted to build my own.
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-17, 10:46 AM   #9
sneekyparrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged_Z View Post
have a car with 600 bhp but tbh on track you cant beat a light 2wd hot hatch as such... so nope i have found a new supercharger for sale for the v6... tempted to build my own.

Where on earth have you found a new charger for sale?

I was looking for another, would of bought the red one from bridge street garages but it went for far too much imo for a car with no ecu setup.

P.