theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 01-01-18, 07:14 PM   #1
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
Cheap KV6 cambelt tool kits

Happy new year!

Time has come for another cam belt for my 180, and I'm weighing up the pros and cons of doing it myself or getting someone professional to do it for me.

I'd quite like to do it, assuming the little one gives me enough free time to actually get it done, as its been a while since I've been able to spend some proper time on the car and I'd like to get the spanners dirty.

Looking around eBay, there seems to be cheap tools, some coming in from China (maybe shipped in with the new ZS - hah!) and some from UK stockists. Anyone seen these/used these/any experience of these? They're only £55 so may be worth a punt?

The ZS is now relegated to second car status, so it spends most of its time tucked away in the garage awaiting the time its allowed out to play (not that thats particularly often anymore, either). On the plus side, its on classic insurance so it costs very little to keep.

Alternatively, can we still hire out the tools from here?

Or shall I just pay someone to do it properly?
Old 01-01-18, 07:38 PM   #2
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=29376

Yes we still offer the kit for hire. See above link for info.
Old 04-01-18, 07:27 PM   #3
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
To answer my own question, I've decided to give it a go and bought a tool kit.

Bonus though, found a legit laser tools 4577 set for £92 sold direct by amazon. Bought the last one left, refreshed the page and the price had jumped to over £300!