theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 19-10-13, 10:17 PM   #1
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Maybe time to say goodbye

I'm not putting anything in the for sale section as at present I'm still a bit unsure but I think the time has now come to say good bye to the ZS. It is one if those cars I thought I would never sell as its worked its way into our family and is a big part of us (I get quite attatched to my cars when they're nice ones) and especially as its just had the clutch, hydraulics (sheddist) and other niggles sorted out at a reasonable cost to myself but both me and the mrs are now feeling is going to be the time for us to part ways with the ol girl.

Once we know exactly what's happening I may well put a for sale thread up on here although I doubt anyone on here would want it for what ill be after but at least I suppose if you know someone that knows someone or you get what I mean. But yes in the near future my zs ownership may well come to an end.. For the time being anyway
Old 20-10-13, 05:50 AM   #2
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Got to do what you got to do I suppose mate. Don't think you've been content for a while now.....

Good luck.

Selling as she stands or selling bits off ?
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-13, 09:05 AM   #3
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Got to do what you got to do I suppose mate. Don't think you've been content for a while now.....

Good luck.

Selling as she stands or selling bits off ?

This is true and its through no real fault of the car as like I say just had the clutch done which when dropped out was really quite bad. Didnt think it was actually bad to drive but probably was more if got used to how it drove as now is totally different and picks up easier so think the old one must have had a mild slip getting to the end.

This is the question, my mate thinks ill probably get more for it as a complete package as she stands now which I think may possibly be true but if when its advertised and doesn't get much interest Iay start returning more to standard and either keep the bits (for another later on) or sell in to hopefully recoup some pennies. Its proving to be a hard choice to make though as I keep putting off the "listing" date as it were as I do still enjoy it but at the same time some of the enjoyment from it has gone now.

We shall see.

Doesn't help that yesterday I took my mate to pick up his brand new MG3 from Apple MG in Gravesend, they had a very nicely spec'd 6 TSE in there that looked and drove very nicely for what it was and had all the toys on it.
So many choices an I really don't know what I want to do lol.
Old 20-10-13, 09:08 AM   #4
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Go out for a long drive with no real purpose.
Old 20-10-13, 10:02 AM   #5
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
There's a silver MG6 TSE saloon for sale at a Porsche garage on Autotrader. 11 plate - low miles and you'd get it for £8K.

If you're not sure - don't do anything.
Old 20-10-13, 03:43 PM   #6
Craig-ZS180

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
Go out for a long drive with no real purpose.
Done this before James and it usually works but I think I am at that point now where a change is needed. Not saying I won't own another one over the next few years but I think we've run our course together with the current one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
There's a silver MG6 TSE saloon for sale at a Porsche garage on Autotrader. 11 plate - low miles and you'd get it for £8K.

If you're not sure - don't do anything.
I hadn't thought about getting one until I spoke to Laurie at Apple yesterday as obviously the costs are well off my price range but he said due to my contacts ( my mate I took to collect his car) he would do a good deal on one if their finance packages which would be a car of the spec I want for a fair wack under their current finance deal. Only reason I thought about it really. Was a lovely car that I went in though.
Old 20-10-13, 04:00 PM   #7
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig-ZS180 View Post
Done this before James and it usually works but I think I am at that point now where a change is needed. Not saying I won't own another one over the next few years but I think we've run our course together with the current one.

I hadn't thought about getting one until I spoke to Laurie at Apple yesterday as obviously the costs are well off my price range but he said due to my contacts ( my mate I took to collect his car) he would do a good deal on one if their finance packages which would be a car of the spec I want for a fair wack under their current finance deal. Only reason I thought about it really. Was a lovely car that I went in though.
Just dont get a new one from a dealer would be my advice.

Motorpoint are knocking them out brand spanking for £10,995.
Old 20-10-13, 04:03 PM   #8
ZRed

ZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the rough
I wouldn't touch a 6 or 3. Terrible. Get far far more for your money elsewhere.
Old 20-10-13, 04:04 PM   #9
ZRed

ZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the rough
It sums MG up when they compare their new model to a Dacia. Pathetic.
Old 20-10-13, 04:08 PM   #10
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRed View Post
I wouldn't touch a 6 or 3. Terrible. Get far far more for your money elsewhere.
I had a 6 for the weekend and didn't think a lot of it - more for your money elsewhere though. Not sure about that to be honest.

What 6 sized car with leather, nav etc etc can you get brand new for £10,995 then ?