theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 20-10-13, 04:41 PM   #11
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRed View Post
It sums MG up when they compare their new model to a Dacia. Pathetic.
that is funny!

us silly brits allow the chinese to take the peas out of us... stick a british badge on a pile of junk that has come from a chinese junk shop and the fools will queue to get their orders in!
yes the 3 is cheap, but so is other tat on the market, the difference, one wears a badge!
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-13, 04:58 PM   #12
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Before people start slagging off a car and going into a big debate in if its poor quality or not I was only saying that it was a thought after speaking to them and having been in one. I'm not saying I will be buying one or not and at the end of the day I know they're not a proper british MG of old but at the end of the day it has a lot of equipment on it for £7995 and is till covered under warranty and is a good family sized car.
I've been looking mostly at golfs/boras as a replacement more the golf estate but they are unless played with very boring and plain and then they are not the marque I really like.
Everyone will have an opinion on the new Mgs and that is not really why I said this on the thread but at the end of the day they are a decent well equipped car for the money that not many other decent makes have an equivalent of. All the cheap brands are cheap, its bit trying to be the equal of a bmw or similar so it seems ok for what it is in my mind. Its bit my first choice of ideal replacement but its a worth while thought when you take into account all the things they are offering me.
Still least its sparked off a bit of a chat I suppose
Old 20-10-13, 05:34 PM   #13
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
What do you actually want from your car Craig ? Maybe worth writing a list of what you want on a bit of paper and getting the Mrs to do the same. Then have a look at running costs and purchase price.

You've mentioned VW and Seats before .... Leon diesel ?
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-13, 05:51 PM   #14
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Have done that too Dan, its hard as I don't think I really know what I want either lol. Everything feels like it falls short of the zs in one way or another but then again there are better things out there.
Leon's are nice but that and the golf hatches are just too small. Smaller boot and overall space than the zs which now is a no go for us now. It has to be a good at everything, space for all the family gear, reasonable to run, practical but most importantly have plenty of fun with a big grin factor as I get very bored very quickly and need the car to make me smile.
There are cars if get in a heartbeat if I knew the running costs wouldn't be catastrophic as for us on my measly income that is the killer.

I'm just too indecisive at the mo as got so many things going on with health/home/work & wedding I can't think about only one thing at a time. I know I'm my own worst enemy but that's the way I am.
Old 20-10-13, 05:56 PM   #15
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Ah well mate .... it's all part of the fun. No-one said life was easy eh ... !
Old 20-10-13, 06:08 PM   #16
Craig-ZS180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Ah well mate .... it's all part of the fun. No-one said life was easy eh ... !
This is too true mate, everything at once as usual. Just a pain as the health is affecting the whole package at present. Trying times ahead whilst we make some big and hard choices with things.
Old 20-10-13, 06:17 PM   #17
ZRed

ZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
that is funny!

us silly brits allow the chinese to take the peas out of us... stick a british badge on a pile of junk that has come from a chinese junk shop and the fools will queue to get their orders in!
yes the 3 is cheap, but so is other tat on the market, the difference, one wears a badge!
They had one at knockhill. The boy who was there from mg was as chuffed as punch with it. Asked what was thought of it, cheap crap - nothing of what MG once stood for. His reply, well when you look at its direct competitor at Dacia we're better.

Shoot for the stars and all that.....
Old 20-10-13, 06:20 PM   #18
ZRed

ZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the rough
Dan, just because something's cheap, doesn't make it an efficient buy. Good job it has a warranty, theyve nothing but problems. If and when they can get parts to fix them. Ask any mechanic working on them just now, they are poorly designed and built.
Old 20-10-13, 06:57 PM   #19
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

But that's the thing - it does have a warranty.

I know what you're saying about quality. I slaughtered the one I had for the weekend - all I'm saying is that it's cheap and has a mahoosive spec - that's all.
Old 20-10-13, 07:11 PM   #20
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
Test drove a 6 the other day and its a very nice car, felt better to drive than the pre production test drive I had in 2010. Id always been tempted by a ZT but with them now being 7-10 years old I want something newer. With my new job I'm doing lots of miles and a 6 TSE will do nicely Its quicker than my ZS, handles as well, better built and lots of toys. I really like the 3, but I prefer saloons.