theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 05-10-18, 10:12 PM   #261
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Yes Sam illness not redundancy again! Been checked for testicular cancer and as a result of the heavy handed doctor I am suffering. Been off nearly three weeks in agony. Only returned this Thursday. Struggling to drive.

Being a grandparent is awesome! Number two due January.

Must meet up and catch up, mini meet less MGs.
Old 05-10-18, 10:27 PM   #262
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Yes Sam illness not redundancy again! Been checked for testicular cancer and as a result of the heavy handed doctor I am suffering. Been off nearly three weeks in agony. Only returned this Thursday. Struggling to drive.

Being a grandparent is awesome! Number two due January.

Must meet up and catch up, mini meet less MGs.
I've got Four MG's and an RX8... any meet at the moment probably wouldn't be in a ZS though... But yes a mini meet would be good! (After you are feeling more comfortable that is!)

Congratulations on Grandkid Number 2! Same Daughter?

Sorry to hear about the illness, hopefully a false alarm and you can get back to normal again soon!

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-18, 08:13 PM   #263
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

sounds a pig of a doctor, had a prostate examination a few months back, only went in for something else and suggested I had a check over.

Makes your eyes water and cured me of ever going the other way.

Hope the pain gets better and it is a good outcome.

Always liked the Churchillian Pub, overlooking Portsmouth for a mini meet up.

https://www.thechurchillianportsmouth.co.uk/food-drink/

Old 07-10-18, 09:31 AM   #264
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Hope all's well Mick.

Doesn't sound right that he hurt you .... But .... We are of an age that you need to checking this sort of thing. Had a blood test recently where they measured something to do with it, but no physical examination luckily ....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-18, 07:51 AM   #265
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Been busy with DIY projects lately. Built and fitted my own sturdy wooden garage doors as the old up & over was well past it and broke. Refurbished an old shed, now I have more room in the garage. Sold my multi gym that was in the garage as well, bit of a move around and now have bench space for when I start on the zed again. I needed room to start stripping and rebuilding the suspension. So plans for early 2019 are to work on the zed with that taking priority over DIY! We’ll see how that goes! In between that I still have the S6 to sort and MOT, no rush. I really wanted to get to PoL but doubt that.
Old 18-11-18, 01:09 PM   #266
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Good man. Setting up a decent workspace is important. I've got no room anywhere and would love some garage work space.

BBQ at yours in the spring to help with some bigger multi-handed jobs?
Old 02-05-19, 11:24 PM   #267
stamford
Site Owner

Update. Zed now up on axle stands, ready to strip and refurb the brakes. List of parts bought, ordered or waiting. Bodywork progressing, front arches cut and extensions tacked in place. Steel hot rod side skirts on order. Cams purchased, verniers being negotiated. Poly windows ordered. So it’ll progress this year!
Old 03-05-19, 09:30 AM   #268
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Nice one - you stayed with OEM brakes or gone for something different?
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-19, 04:46 PM   #269
stamford
Site Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
Nice one - you stayed with OEM brakes or gone for something different?
Rears were refurbed a few years ago with EBC pads. Already have Brembo GT2s on Reyland mounts, DS2500 pads and 326mm discs, braking is good! However they all need stripping, cleaning and lube.
Old 03-05-19, 11:17 PM   #270
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Good stuff...