theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 12-03-11, 07:53 PM   #21
bolton1111

bolton1111 is on a distinguished road
hi alan im in bolton too, if you need a chat or to blow off a bit of steam give me a shout ill do my best to cheer ya up......
bolton1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-11, 10:53 PM   #22
greenyzs180

greenyzs180 is on a distinguished road
no how yer feel m8,i became depressed after my bike accident as feared couldnt work again as non stop prob, i'm now on disability for rest of my life and feel bloody lazy but what can i do?most of my m8's say i have it easy, i mean i could high rate mobility and all my rent paid...**** that i used to be a hard worker and rather be out there earning the pennies,it gets me down alot and if it wasnt for my kids putting a smile on my face i don't think i would be here to enjoy life let alone the zs!, easy to say but keep yer chin up and you have guts to speak up,takes a man to speak up about his probs instead of hiding away.
greenyzs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-11, 07:15 PM   #23
Alan.F

Alan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the rough
Many thanks for all the replies and kind offers of help and things, I have just got back from a weekend away doing Marshalling in Angelsey, and it has helped a lot this weekend being with people like minded as me and had a ball, but we will see how successful it was when i am home alone again this week.

Alan.F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-11, 05:33 AM   #24
sarah

sarah is on a distinguished road
When your home alone Alan, try to focus on the positive things, i know it's hard to right now as your'e probably thinking nothing is positive etc... but you have to keep your mind fresh and active to take your mind off the bad things.

reflect on your good times, think up of some stuff you can do around the house as im sure there will be something that needs doing. When i was the way i was i used to be scared to stay at home alone but i focused on different things, i had a clear out of old clothes and any old junk, i just kept busy and within time it helped. It stopped me thinking about being low, and why me and what have i got in life etc...

Take a look around you hun, you have a lot in life to feel good about. and you never know what the future really could bring you. x

my oh my.....
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-11, 01:02 PM   #25
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I admire your guts in posting this Alan, that is a huge step in itself. Can I also say to those already posted what a great bunch you are, some great words of wisdom have been posted so take heed Alan as some have said you are not alone as not all men can vent their feelings. I'm sure there are alot of folk on here who are feeling what you are, some have been there and some are probably thinking 'that's me'. Take each day as it comes and set yourself daily goals to move yourself forward. Might pay to take advice from those that have offered it, you have everything to gain.
Old 15-03-11, 02:47 PM   #26
chrismyatt82

chrismyatt82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
I admire your guts in posting this Alan, that is a huge step in itself. Can I also say to those already posted what a great bunch you are, some great words of wisdom have been posted so take heed Alan as some have said you are not alone as not all men can vent their feelings. I'm sure there are alot of folk on here who are feeling what you are, some have been there and some are probably thinking 'that's me'. Take each day as it comes and set yourself daily goals to move yourself forward. Might pay to take advice from those that have offered it, you have everything to gain.
Is reasons like this that even though I am no longer a ZS owner and dont post much now that I still keep coming back here...

Great bunch of people and always ready to listen and help

And it goes to show that when you have a member post a thread like this and the overwhelming responses

Remember Alan 9something I have done for a long time after putting up with alot of cr@p) EVERYTHING happens for a reason... however, those reasons are not always understood until a later time

All the best mate
chrismyatt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-14, 03:24 PM   #27
Alan.F

Alan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the rough
Well here an update:

Once again many many thanks to all that replied you were and are a great help to me i often return to this thread for a pick me up.

well its 3yrs since i made this post and things have improved i got a job in November 2011, i never sought medical help i was to embarrassed (silly i know)
I have never fully recovered from the depression i still have bad days and very bad days thats when i return to this thread, i have sort of learned to live with it so to speak so lets see what happens eh.

Once again many thanks

Alan
Alan.F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-14, 03:29 PM   #28
tallgeese

tallgeese is on a distinguished road
Its good to see your doing better

Chin up and foot down, that's what keep me going
Old 29-05-14, 04:48 PM   #29
M17TT180

M17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the rough
I think everyone goes through something at some point in their life.

I've had my fair share, dealing with my father passing away after I was born, that screwed me up as a kid. Also suffered from neck pain for most of my life which was diagnosed as torticollis a few years back, that got me really down.

A friend once told me something that has stuck with me through the bad times and has always kept me going.

'Somewhere in the world there is always someone worse off than yourself'

A number of years ago I was on the princes trust course which was for helping people with little self confidence and low self esteem. There were 3 young lads staying at the hostel who had sought asylum after escaping war in Kosovo and they joined us with the activities. We got talking to them and they told us that two of them had their whole family's executed whilst they were hiding.

The point of me telling you this is because no matter how low you feel nothing can compare to what these guys went through and this is what I think about whenever I start to feel down.

Lots of second- hand parts click HERE
Project Typhoon
M17TT180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-14, 06:09 PM   #30
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Glad to see things have improved Alan.

One thing dont be embarrassed seeking whatever help there is out there. The first steps are to recognise that there is a problem, second step is to seek help. Things have changed such a lot and the medical profession can now help in so many ways.

All the best for the future and you know we are all here if required to chat things over.