theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 02-07-14, 05:05 PM   #11
M17TT180

M17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Very lucky indeed, those sort of accidents are few and fair between when both drive off with no change of details.
That happened to me on the m25 I was going past an artic lorry which decided he wanted to be where I was, hit me pretty hard and we were doing about 50-60 both pulled over and I had a look at my car and all there was was a bit of paint on the b piller! We shook hands and carried on our journey. Tough little cars those mk3 fiestas!

Lots of second- hand parts click HERE
Project Typhoon
M17TT180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-14, 05:50 PM   #12
Jason04r

Jason04r is on a distinguished road
Thing is in Spain people don't care about cosmetic condition of there cars , anyone who's been on holiday would have noticed nearly every car has a scratch or bump.

It's a legal law to bump bumpers when parking , simply because they are made for bumping lol
Jason04r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-14, 06:15 PM   #13
easytime

easytime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
Got away with that one, as I bet if you hit it hard enough to deform the bumper the crash structure will have been compromised a bit.

Hate it when that happens though, as a result I have taught myself to wait until the car in front has gone, and miss the gap as it has happened to me a few times, but I was able to stop (just) in time!
Yes indeed, I have had that happen a number of times where people start to pull off then jump on the brakes. Meanwhile you are looking right to get a gap. Now I focus on the car in front then deal with the gap!
easytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-14, 05:54 AM   #14
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
I had a similar experience back in my old rover 200, luckily the civic I drove in to, had been in an accident earlier that week and the rear was smashed up already. Guy said not to worry it's going in to be fixed tomorrow!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote