theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 29-01-09, 10:28 AM   #51
Alan.F

Alan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
It is surprising how many people look at the MG Z range with a look of disdain and still say Rover with a badge on!

I say poor you and I don't even have to try that hard to embaress them

Owning a modern day MG is like being a teacher and then commanding some respect. I'm not that bothered as we have one of the best kept secrets don't we!
I posted some pics of mine on a couple of Photography forums i am a member on and some smart arse replied with "Nice Rover LMAO has the headgasket gone yet" what a *****

Alan.F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-09, 10:59 AM   #52
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
See, that's my point exactly they are so shallow in their knowledge and know very little. Still, it's their loss and our gain, all we can do is educate the minority as best we can

One day it shall be a feature car and become a future classic for the package it offers. We see it today in certain motoring mags, a car from 10-15 years back we all thought was cack, but in reality it was not, it had been tarred with a blinkered view. Only when the blinkers have been removed do people actually look beyond that and soon realise it was a pretty good car after all. Not just a bit of badge engineering as it once was.
Old 29-01-09, 11:18 AM   #53
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
I think it already is a modern classic, but just can't be called that as it is still too young!

I dont ever plan on selling my ZS, i shall keep it going as second car\project when it stops being my daily drive. the only challenge will be what car could i possibly get to replace it....

Only one thing springs to mind... an actual 180 or possibly a large engined 3-series for vast sums of money...
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-09, 11:54 AM   #54
arwilson80
Founding Members

arwilson80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
The only challenge will be what car could i possibly get to replace it....
Exactly... What is there out in a V6 if you don't rule out anything? Not much TBH. Few BMW's, Vauxhall, Audi and not a lot else.

"People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people. Drive only with proper protection."
"You should try one. It's bloody good" - Jeremy Clarkson (commenting after driving a ZS180)
"Fines are a tax for doing bad, Taxes are a fine for doing good" - Unknown
GPS - Because guys don't know how to ask directions

MG ZS 180
3.5L V6 Ford Taurus
2.7L V6 EcoBoost Ford F150 4x4
arwilson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-09, 04:37 PM   #55
MikeMant

MikeMant is on a distinguished road
Another question - What type of lights are there for a saloon to fit the rear?? Anything apart from lexus lights??
MikeMant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-09, 04:48 PM   #56
vinny1979

vinny1979 is on a distinguished road
nooooooooo. dont change any of it!!!!

also this is a big no no lol
93 Rover 220 GSi Turbo, 99 Golf GTi turbo Former owner of mk2 180 bx54 kgp - Ignition blue
vinny1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-09, 04:55 PM   #57
MikeMant

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny1979 View Post
nooooooooo. dont change any of it!!!!

also this is a big no no lol
Lol Was just wondering if there was anything around Im not too sure on the back lights on a saloon and was looking to see if there was something too spruce it up a bit If that makes sense Just a thought
Old 29-01-09, 05:00 PM   #58
vinny1979

vinny1979 is on a distinguished road
you sure your looking at the saloon? they are better than the hatchbacklights IMO, one thing that wont win any favours with the haters is bolting tat on lol. but each to their own i guess
93 Rover 220 GSi Turbo, 99 Golf GTi turbo Former owner of mk2 180 bx54 kgp - Ignition blue
vinny1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-09, 05:01 PM   #59
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan.F View Post
How does the scooby compare to the MG m8 i know its a lot quicker but what about handling
Not really had a chance to compare the two yet as I've not had it long enough, but it is just as comfortable as both a cruiser and about town

Constantly feels like it wants to snap it's leash and burn a trail of destruction towards the horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
It is surprising how many people look at the MG Z range with a look of disdain and still say Rover with a badge on!

I say poor you and I don't even have to try that hard to embaress them

Owning a modern day MG is like being a teacher and then commanding some respect. I'm not that bothered as we have one of the best kept secrets don't we!
Heard them all before, yawn

there's been a few cars over my time of ownership that thought that, and were shown just how silly they were. Spec R Volvos, RS Audis, lost count of the number of BMW's... great fun!

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-09, 06:19 PM   #60
MikeMant

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny1979 View Post
you sure your looking at the saloon? they are better than the hatchbacklights IMO, one thing that wont win any favours with the haters is bolting tat on lol. but each to their own i guess
Im not the type to bolt and stick random stuff on cars lol

I didnt know if there where different style lights available BUT i have just got back from morrisons to do some shopping at saw a saloon zs and it looked great Looks better seeing on in the metal lol