theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 14-12-12, 12:03 PM   #21
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
For the record Brands used to have ZS180 saloon school cars as that was the first time I had driven a ZS. The tuitors said they were great handling cars even back then. I have to say the ZS handles very well on track, even in standard trim, and I am comparing that to other cars I have used on track that have had far more work and money thrown at them. I have never felt uncomfortable in my ZS or nervy. Pretty sure many will remember me flying through Surtees not lifting off.
Old 14-12-12, 01:16 PM   #22
Steve mead

Steve mead is on a distinguished road
Mick was that the surtees as it used to be or the surtees after bottom bend conversion?
Steve mead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-12, 01:59 PM   #23
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve mead View Post
Mick was that the surtees as it used to be or the surtees after bottom bend conversion?
No idea, was a few years back when I first ran it (poss 10 yrs) then about 3 years ago I think last time. I just remember asking myself why everyone was backing off leaving Cooper Straight before entering Surtees when I just kept the pedal in. Getting the right line through Clearways into Clark Curve got me everytime. Paddock Hill Bend................never had big enough balls to take that as I wanted as dearly wished to drive home in the zed afterwards! A track I do love for its quick and busy laps and lots of people getting tied up in knots. No idea what a decent laptime is there, I'll need to dig out some times I did in the Palmer Audi.
Old 14-12-12, 02:25 PM   #24
redzed

redzed has a spectacular aura aboutredzed has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
The in car camera don't really show how wet it is apart from if you look how shiny the track looked. It was still the fastest zed out there but as a racer it was not a good car to drive in the wet. It needs £600 worth of tyres and neg camber. That sort of money eventually will be more than the car is worth so the dilemma is what to do.
true but also worth noting is that with a few mods the zs will out do most regular performance cars, yes it might cost more than the car is worth but theyre worth nothing now so more of an option to mod as replacing bits is easy. What else could be so potent a track weapon for such little price?
Old 14-12-12, 07:50 PM   #25
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Its just such an alround motor!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im happy to keep my road standard, but blast it round the tracks everynow and then, happy in the knowledge that it has the pedigree to stay on the blackstuff and put a big grin on my face.

What we need now is our very own forum test track!!!!!!
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-12, 07:28 AM   #26
Steve mead

Lets go and offer Palmer some money to buy Brands, your loaded Daytona!
Old 16-12-12, 08:54 PM   #27
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Lets go and offer Palmer some money to buy Brands, your loaded Daytona!
OMG............I'd love to own Brands Hatch.....My ideal fantasy......
Old 16-12-12, 09:04 PM   #28
Steve mead

You would then have to own a yellow helicopter.
Old 16-12-12, 09:15 PM   #29
daytona365

Yellow would be the company logo, get rid of the red MSV, replace it with YELLOW GDT, discounted tickets for yellow ZS's.......................
Old 17-12-12, 09:29 AM   #30
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Sounds a plan, and I'll have a ticket. Ta.