theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 02-04-13, 08:31 PM   #1
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossy View Post
Been looking at the tester one amazing piece of kit and box , but could I ask what is the change direction switch for ....
Course you can ...

The motors actually turn parts inside the manifold. When you plug the tester into the motor, by moving the direction switch, the motor gets a message to turn. If the vis motor is working you'll hear the motor turn and get the green light. Simples.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-13, 10:14 AM   #2
Rossy

Rossy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Course you can ...

The motors actually turn parts inside the manifold. When you plug the tester into the motor, by moving the direction switch, the motor gets a message to turn. If the vis motor is working you'll hear the motor turn and get the green light. Simples.
Thanks for that ...now is that for balance as well as the power , my power one's motor runs and green light but the balance motor gets a green light but does not run .... just me being a bit dim ...kept in the cold to long up here !!!!
cheers all
Old 03-04-13, 05:21 PM   #3
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossy View Post
Thanks for that ...now is that for balance as well as the power , my power one's motor runs and green light but the balance motor gets a green light but does not run .... just me being a bit dim ...kept in the cold to long up here !!!!
cheers all
Yep both motors.

When you have the switch on the tester set to the right motor you are testing - flip the direction toggle to make it move the motor. Then flip the direction toggle the other way. The motor turns through about 45 degrees. Basically as you change the direction, the motor should move and the green light come on.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote