theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-07-14, 08:28 AM   #1
ZSZRANDRF900

ZSZRANDRF900 has a spectacular aura aboutZSZRANDRF900 has a spectacular aura about
feeling old

Due to the vegetarians that run the City council highways department, and their decision to once again close all of the road tunnels in Birmingham for 6 weeks for spring cleaning, and the general carnage that then ensues due to 100 million ( most likely not insured) cars marauding about clogging up my commute to work and back, i decided to Cycle the 16 miles to work today. Now i am 47 next birthday, not fit, over weight and diabetic, but still enjoy a bit of a cycle about. My bike is possibly worth its weight in scrap so i was never going to set any land speed records, or even emulate the tour de garlic, so each time someone dressed as a sponsored wasp over took me going up hill on his £3 million pound Bordman special built from spufftanium by lotus, i just thought, 47 soon, fat and not fit, dont let it bother yu, just think of the £10 you save today on fuel. so you can imagine how heart breaking the humiliation is when a young piece of totty ( sorry girls, sexist i know) came past me, with a dog in the basket on her Nanny McFee special, I almost threw the bike in the canal and gave up. Oh well, a lot more down hill going home. not looking forward to it though, i feel like i have just taken my turn in the barrel !!!!