theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 02-02-13, 09:04 PM   #21
kev mocko

kev mocko is on a distinguished road
Hi folks i had a look at the zs 120 i decided to keep my 180,I just couldnt let it go,first impressions worried me quite a bit as theres nothing wrong with my car just my circumstances job wise,i opened the bonnet to a filthy engine,the owner said the head had been done 3k miles ago but no proof of this.i checked oil seemed ok but the header tank and expansion tank really put me off,it was thick with mayo'.he said it hadnt been flushed properly which looked a little more than that to me,wing all dented in and the roof lining and all pillars been botched with black suede which was all hanging off,the car itself looked nice but not for me as i know mine is reliable and a straight car.So ive decided to keep my baby and see what jobs come along now.The only thing i want to do is maybe swap my bk299s for a set of white straights i really like them.and eventually lower it on springs.just glad common sense provailed in the end.
kev mocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-13, 09:11 PM   #22
bowthruster

bowthruster has a spectacular aura aboutbowthruster has a spectacular aura about
Wise choice mate.Something will turn up.
Work safe, and remember all technical problems can be resolved with a hammer, the trick is knowing where to hit it and how big a hammer to use (I often find it may also help to have a spare bit in the shed to replace the bit you have just mullered
bowthruster is offline   Reply With Quote