theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 30-05-10, 06:02 PM   #1
tcr

tcr is on a distinguished road
peeeed off

last nite someone opened there door into my rear wing leaving a golf ball sized dent ,the girl who did it was a friend of the guy whos car it was' daughter ,
now hes saying he dont want to go through his insurance because it wasnt his kid and asked to get a quote so he and the kids mother could pay between them but the mother says that he was incharge so he should go through insurance arghhh
basically iv told them both that i will get a quote for the work ( which could turn out expensive being monogram ) and that they will have 48 hrs from them reciving the quote to sort something out ,have i done right or should i just go straight to my insurance company ?
www.youtube.com/riley942

zs mods janspeed de-cat , powerflow cat-back system , homemade itg / stainless innerwing induction , vented to air oil catch tank ,silicone hoses ,in dash oil pressure / oil temp gauges ,hid headlights, led sidelights, led foglights ,courtesy lighting ,3 point harness ,
r45 headlights
tcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-10, 06:09 PM   #2
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
Personally I would have gone straight to the insurance. I've heard so many stories of it taking months to sort out when done cash in hand

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-10, 06:11 PM   #3
scottforsyth

scottforsyth is on a distinguished road
do u know them at all if not i would go to my insurance company coz same thing just happened to a friend of mine and now she is have to get cctv and the guy is saying it was her that hit him m8 but its up to u if u think ull get it of them
Old 30-05-10, 06:20 PM   #4
tcr

iv got both car owner and kids mothers address and phone numbers ,thing is i wasnt there at the time but the wife was in the car with 2 mates she rang me but i couldnt answer (i was in the pub after work) so they did swap details
but i can see his point aswell as the kids mothers , i will just have to see what happens although they both have been told it WILL get paid for either way
www.youtube.com/riley942

zs mods janspeed de-cat , powerflow cat-back system , homemade itg / stainless innerwing induction , vented to air oil catch tank ,silicone hoses ,in dash oil pressure / oil temp gauges ,hid headlights, led sidelights, led foglights ,courtesy lighting ,3 point harness ,
r45 headlights
Old 30-05-10, 06:36 PM   #5
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Try and sort out without going to your insurance co. Even though it was nothing to do with you, you may find that they'll end up loading your insurance at some point as I think they will class it as an accident.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-10, 07:12 PM   #6
tcr

iv got full protected ncb but the guy whos car it was has 17 yrs unprotected ncb thats why he dont want to go that route
www.youtube.com/riley942

r45 headlights
Old 30-05-10, 08:36 PM   #7
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
If its not damaged the paint cant these dent removal guys get it out.

I had three dings when I bought mine and for £100 they were all popped out.

One on the o/s/f wing, one in the drivers door and one above the rear pass. door, in the roof area.

They have a site at our local ASDA now, Dingoes, or something, most likely them going around bashing the cars!!!
Old 31-05-10, 01:16 PM   #8
gsinclairzs

gsinclairzs is on a distinguished road
Report it to your insurance in the meantime. The if it goes pear-shaped you can go ahead and make a claim.

2004 ZS120+
Lowered (30mm Moto-builds)
Fog Lamps
MK 1 Door cards
MK 1 Sill plates
Rear Headrests
180 Body-kit
11 Spokes
Extreme & Lip Spoilers
Drilled & Grooved Discs, Front & Rear
K&N Filter Panel
Lotus Cam Cover
Chrome Dial & Heater Rings
gsinclairzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-10, 05:05 PM   #9
Southside_ZS

Southside_ZS is on a distinguished road
Celestrial is monogram but paint is no more expensive than any other car. Only the flip colours that are. My ZS is same colour as yours and my mate just done some paintwork on it for me and it was the same price.
Southside_ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-10, 06:48 PM   #10
tcr

did it match up ok ?,my concern was if he just painted the panel it would stand out from the door, boot and bumper making it look worse than the dint did
www.youtube.com/riley942

r45 headlights