theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 11-12-10, 09:51 AM   #111
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Hope the hose was the only cause of the water level dropping, think you deserve a bit of Christmas luck.

Start the New Year off with a sorted pressure relief system and your there.

Old 21-12-10, 04:03 PM   #112
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
right the hose is not the cause of the leak, but digging around with some virgin snow at my folks has identified it is not dripping while idle or reved without major load going through the system.....

there are crystals that are being formed on the waterpump, so a leak is happening externally... which is good, but i can't see it dripping at idle etc... frustrating but better than it going internally!

pressure pipe is being made up this week, and i hope to get my hands on it and try to get some holes drilled and sorted over Xmas period.... but it may not be done before i leave on the 23rd, so might be closer to new year....

Decided in the rework to get the pigtail of copper attached directly onto it my by mate, as it saves me trying to faff about with it and cocking it all up
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-10, 06:47 PM   #113
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Glad its not the head gasket, all the best with it, hope 2011 lets you put the power down.

Old 23-12-10, 02:52 PM   #114
Ravinder_Tomcat220T

Ravinder_Tomcat220T is on a distinguished road
Probably is the waterpump. You won't see it because it will just evaporate in that area with the heat. Just get it changed before it does do any damage.
Ravinder_Tomcat220T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-10, 12:14 PM   #115
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Well it is drinking coolant at quite a rate, but nothing i am not able to keep on top off. Matt thinks that it is an issue with the new pump that was fitted, and it not making the seal properly - the old one had to be smashed out at it has fused solid

Just need to get it up to him to sort out before i got to the states in the 2nd week of Jan...
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 31-01-11, 09:41 PM   #116
p_b82
Site Supporter

Well it has been a month and i have been out the uk for almost all of it....

However the coolant issue was sorted in 10mins of matt gettin it on ramps.. the hoseclip had failed but only after the system presurized and the stat had opened... it would pop open a few teeth only every time you tightened it - once it got hot.. the little ******...

However the good news kinda stops there... ther EML light is on again, and it is slow starting again - after matt fixed it with sorting the timing out.... the temp gauge has packed in, the air con is flat again.....

On the plus side tho the 'bit of pipe' for the relief system turned up.. but did not fit - looking at the pic of it, it was not as i had requested.... so Matt will butcher it and get that stuff all sorted....

had to drive a brand new corsa to gatwick the other week and it was hellish... just no poke; tho more from a 1.2 that i expected tbh!
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 01-02-11, 06:21 AM   #117
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
The good and the bad mate, least the coolant leak was an easy fix and the temp guage and flat air con should be an easy sort too. No sure about the eml light but hopefully matt will get to the bottom of it. Your getting there, slowly but surely!!
Old 01-02-11, 09:38 AM   #118
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

Glad its not the head gasket, hope the rest is an easy fix.

Got some SDi injectors now, sorted the thread out on one, so I,m just deciding when and if to fit them, and then pay a visit to Yeovil and Reidy's RR.

Old 01-02-11, 11:20 AM   #119
p_b82
Site Supporter

yeah getting there slowly but surely.... last time the EML was on it was a stored code from the belt replacement; but this time nothing has been touched and it came on again. worst case is the fuel pump is dying and these are the early signs....

best case is stored code and the poor starting is air in the system... hopefully matt can indeed trace it to the later and not the first... new pumps are extortion and getting one reconn'd aint much better so you kinda have to trust to luck with a scrappy one!

A\C was regassed about 6 months ago, so there is a leak, hopefully the dye has not washed off yet and it can be spotted easily and it aint too expensive to fix... not that i need for any other time than 2 weeks a year

Peter:
If your dyno trip is going to be in a few months i may plan to join you - by then the relief system will be done and i want to see how many ponies i lost getting over that backpressure. as my car has always been on that dyno it is the one i need to go back to for comparison purposes.

Am hoping that all will be done in time for the meet so some runs can be given
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 01-02-11, 11:35 AM   #120
lawrence-zs180

lawrence-zs180 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like she isnt letting you have it easy is she?
Still as said some of the bits are 'easy' fixes... on the Reidy rr side I would be game for a run down there to get a remap done to mine.