Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-09-12, 09:50 PM   #11
pete mufc bowker

pete mufc bowker is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKYDEVIL View Post
Nothing much to take pictures of really, just the tell tale VVC mechs at top of
rocker cover & VVC manifold- Sorry-
Will look to some future upgrades with Cams etc & will take some guidance from Goldie on how to progress the car but within safe limits.
At some point I will get it on the R/R to find out what it is at now and use that as a starting point.
Little things that are on to do list is find MK2 160 ECU/BCU as at the moment I have no boot release from the Keyfob or front fogs without adapting switches to latch switches, had to do this for Hazard switch for MOT
and surprised myself by bodging something simple up for £1.80 from Maplin.

Other thing is the VVC mechs rattle like an old diesel tractor when car is stationary,cant hear anything but exhuast rip when moving,
but it is noticable and I guess I may just get used to it over time as it seems a rather common thing with the VVC.

Dont have plans to put "VVC inside" stickers on it or 160 badges as I would prefer just to surprise anyone that wants to go against a ZS 1.6.
does erhemm mr erhemm insurance man know it erhermm moddied lol, dont answer that, my m8 has a astra max van with a vectra gsi engine init pushing 330bhp, leaves my z standing, does my nut right in lol, mr insurance man thinks its a deisel lol