theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 15-04-15, 10:50 PM   #11
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I found the spare rear screen in the shed on Monday night, I saved it from when I changed the hood on the VVC. I was worried it may have creased or cracked after two years but it was just a bit rumbled and a couple of days on the decking in the sun and it has flattend (is that a word) out.

I was hoping to get a start taking the old one off on Tueday between finishing work and going to the welding course I was starting at the local technical college but I was late finishing due to a failed relay on my truck causing me to be parked up for 3 hours and then traffic resulting from a car fire on my segment of the M25.

I have noticed some rust on the edges of the front wheel arches so am on the look out for these.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-15, 11:07 PM   #12
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
and the front indicators have been glued in! A common but incorrect fix for the common fualt of the locating tags breaking.

What is worse is the glue has run down the bumper.
Old 16-04-15, 10:32 AM   #13
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

sounds all doable, will be interesting to see it finished.

Old 16-04-15, 12:05 PM   #14
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I found those stainless clips off those clip-frames work a treat on those indicator lugs. With a little work they attach well and clip in with some tweaking.
Old 16-04-15, 06:00 PM   #15
talkingcars

One can wrap a cable tie around the lug, apparently it works well.
Old 16-04-15, 10:55 PM   #16
talkingcars

Cleared out the rubbish and other less expected items.

[IMG][/IMG]

Yes, I'm growing sycamore trees on the rear shelf!

Last edited by talkingcars; 09-11-15 at 07:04 PM.
Old 16-04-15, 11:03 PM   #17
potter690

potter690 is on a distinguished road
Flipping heck! And I thought mine was bad. Looks like a good accumulation of fallout, I take it the previous hood did not keep any of the outside from getting in?!
potter690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-15, 10:56 AM   #18
talkingcars

The rear screen had a massive hole.
Old 17-04-15, 11:30 AM   #19
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Hmm greenhouse springs to mind.
Old 22-04-15, 08:02 PM   #20
talkingcars

Only 8 days later than planned'

Tonight I drilled out the rivets prior to replacing the rear screen.

I also pumped up 2 tyres, both off side and reduced the pressure in the nearside front from 40psi!
Not quite the "front tyres lose 3psi a day" the car was advertised with.
Not to worry, she'll be getting new(er) tyres.