theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 01-12-10, 03:35 AM   #1
kkman

kkman is on a distinguished road
Can we fit coaxial speakers in front? if not how about this one???

Just find out the standard front speakers are components.

but I'v already bought GTO 628.
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro..._id/10671.html
It's a coaxial speakers. and it's too big for hatch rear speaker.

so, I'm looking for components speakers. How about this one?
GTO 6508C
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro..._id/10630.html
Can I fit this in the front of a hatch ZS? and How to fit it? what kind of tools I need to use?

thanks

Jimmy

MG-ZS 1.8L

MG-KKman 0.18L
kkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 03:38 AM   #2
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
2nd choice is better as ye get tweeters aswell,you will need to run speaker cable tho as you need to wire the crossovers the wee box thing
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 08:59 AM   #3
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
He's already got the first set of speakers?

The second set look ok, but you might want to try mounting your GTO628s to get a feel on how much room you have within the front door cards, they're not exactly spacious. You will need speaker adaptors to pad out the speakers so they dont foul the window mechanism. Fortunately, there are reports BMW Mini 16.5cm (they do 13cm ones too, which wont fit) speaker adaptors will fit (ebay link).
Tools required = screwdrivers, something plastic like an old credit card incase you need help prising them off.
As Andys1981 pointed out, you'll need to run speaker cabling through the door to connect the crossover box with the woofers and tweeters - doesnt look like the wires are included (halfords is probably your best bet for that)
Old 01-12-10, 10:15 AM   #4
kkman

kkman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by caled View Post
He's already got the first set of speakers?

The second set look ok, but you might want to try mounting your GTO628s to get a feel on how much room you have within the front door cards, they're not exactly spacious. You will need speaker adaptors to pad out the speakers so they dont foul the window mechanism. Fortunately, there are reports BMW Mini 16.5cm (they do 13cm ones too, which wont fit) speaker adaptors will fit (ebay link).
Tools required = screwdrivers, something plastic like an old credit card incase you need help prising them off.
As Andys1981 pointed out, you'll need to run speaker cabling through the door to connect the crossover box with the woofers and tweeters - doesnt look like the wires are included (halfords is probably your best bet for that)
thanks caled I'll try to do it by myself.

MG-ZS 1.8L

MG-KKman 0.18L
kkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 01:46 PM   #5
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
I did pretty much exactly what caled said... However my notes...

I used the 13cm Mini adapters and modded them (at the time was all I could get my hands on) but the 16.5cm ones are better fit I am told.

There is nowhere really to put the crossover box in the door... However on the passenger side you can put it in place of the electric window control box (not there in RHD cars, its on the other side) and on the drivers side I made up a home made bracket to hold the crossover half way up the door. This meant they were not rattling around in the bottom of the door and the windows still worked.

I put some dynamat behind the speakers which made a huge difference to the sound quality... HOWEVER the yellow 180 we dynamatted the whole door and that made an even bigger (better) difference to the sound quality

Oh and the door membrane is a pain in the arse! Either you remove it along the gunk and your tools get covered or you cut it and try to patch up afterwards! lol

Good luck fitting them

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote