theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 09-01-10, 06:13 PM   #1
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile TD up and running.

Charged up the battery and car fired up, left it running for a bit as its not moved for two weeks or so.

Felt great being able to drive it again, but --------, backed it out the drive, into first and tried to park at the side of the road. Churrrrnch, only taken more off the front offside wheel, drove to town, Churrrrrrch, parked at the side of the road and took some more off the n/s front wheel.

Least it won't put the balance out, I blame it on the wife's Punto, its so much more narrow than the ZS.

Now i know why I dont get the wheels refurb.

Old 09-01-10, 06:15 PM   #2
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Charged up the battery and car fired up, left it running for a bit as its not moved for two weeks or so.

Felt great being able to drive it again, but --------, backed it out the drive, into first and tried to park at the side of the road. Churrrrnch, only taken more off the front offside wheel, drove to town, Churrrrrrch, parked at the side of the road and took some more off the n/s front wheel.

Least it won't put the balance out, I blame it on the wife's Punto, its so much more narrow than the ZS.

Now i know why I dont get the wheels refurb.

Men do not kerb wheels !!!! This should've read, I'll never let the Mrs drive again !

Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 06:50 PM   #3
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

It annoys me as I'm always careful about kerbs, but every time I wash the car the wheels look worse and worse, with new chunks out of the rims.

Saw the son in law today and showed him, parked next to his OLD bmw 5 d estate, he said have you got the right size tyres on? Yep, just had new ones fitted, we looked at his BMW and his tyres stick out a fair way from his rims, and his arnt damaged at all!!

Old 09-01-10, 07:06 PM   #4
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Good excuse for some new ones, prehaps with out much of a lip on them lol

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 08:01 PM   #5
will-w

will-w is on a distinguished road
What size tyres have you got on them Pete?

I've always followed the generally recommended sizes for tyres, 6.5j then use 205, 7.5j then use 225... etc.. etc..

The wider tyre tends to lend more protection to the alloys too, just in case your *ahem* 'missus' takes the car for a drive!

Derv power baby!

Last edited by will-w; 09-01-10 at 08:04 PM.
will-w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 08:07 PM   #6
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by will-w View Post
What size tyres have you got on them Pete?

I've always followed the generally recommended sizes for tyres, 6.5j then use 205, 7.5j then use 225... etc.. etc..

The wider tyre tends to lend more protection to the alloys too, just in case your *ahem* 'missus' takes the car for a drive!
So what "j" are the MK2 wheels then?

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 08:14 PM   #7
will-w

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
So what "j" are the MK2 wheels then?

Derv power baby!

Old 09-01-10, 08:43 PM   #8
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

Hi Will, 205 x 45 x 17 Hankooks just fitted, but they give no side wall protection!!

Old 09-01-10, 09:08 PM   #9
will-w

Always fun that!

I'm glad I don't have flashy big wheels in this weather, if I can't see a kurb and graze against it then I don't have to worry

Derv power baby!

Old 10-01-10, 09:21 AM   #10
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by will-w View Post
So are you saying the MK2 wheels should have 225 tyres?

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote