theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 04-09-12, 09:20 PM   #41
Sodakid

Sodakid is on a distinguished road
4th September 2012 thought i better stick the head unit in, driving in silence is dead boring...
i had to fix it because i might have accidentally ran the connecter plugs over and smashed them to hell....... all is working though

Head Unit

Sodakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-12, 09:52 PM   #42
WalkerDnB

WalkerDnB has a spectacular aura aboutWalkerDnB has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodakid View Post
4th September 2012 thought i better stick the head unit in, driving in silence is dead boring...
i had to fix it because i might have accidentally ran the connecter plugs over and smashed them to hell....... all is working though

Head Unit

looking good BUT you set the date wrong

WalkerDnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-12, 09:59 PM   #43
Sodakid

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerDnB View Post
looking good BUT you set the date wrong
oh yeah! hahah didn't even realise

Old 04-09-12, 10:37 PM   #44
Dav

Dav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
How the b'Jesus d'ya manage that lol?

AW04 HZG - My first love, in that scrapheap in the sky
SC54 FOU - The new bit, I'm in love again
Dav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-12, 11:02 PM   #45
Sodakid

Ordered a new loom sorry I didn't mean I actually fixed the smashed one

Old 05-09-12, 05:30 AM   #46
Dav

Dav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Ordered a new loom sorry I didn't mean I actually fixed the smashed one
I meant how did you manage to drive over it!!

AW04 HZG - My first love, in that scrapheap in the sky
SC54 FOU - The new bit, I'm in love again
Dav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 06:05 AM   #47
Sodakid

Must have fell out the door when I was working on the car

Old 05-09-12, 09:32 AM   #48
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
It looks a lovely car, and I while I think that changing wheels is usually a change for the worse, the ones you've picked really suit it.

A couple of things spring to mind though, and this is only meant to be CONSTRUCTIVE criticism:

If I were you I would always play it safe and photo-shop the registration number out of any pics posted of the car, for 2 reasons:
1) It's so easy for people to get false plates made up over the internet nowadays, and the first you'd know about it is when plod came knocking on your door accusing you of failing to pay for petrol (or worse). Yes you'd probably be able to prove your case, but best to prevent the problem in the first place rather than cure it.
2) Insurance companies look for any reasons (or excuses) not to pay in the event of a claim, and that includes trawling forums like this and noting un-declared modifications. If they can prove that you've done something to your car and failed to tell them about it, they could make life really difficult for you in the future. Again, better safe than sorry.

The other thing, and it's only personal preference, is that I think the back end of Mk2's looks rather bare when de-badged. I managed to get original badges from a scrapyard for mine, then got the big MG octagon insert from Dazzer to replace the faded one. I know there are still panel gap issues around my bumper, but as you can see, at least the bootlid doesn't look like a big empty expanse any longer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15012012700a2.jpg (50.8 KB, 24 views)

Mk2 MG ZS TD 115 with full 180 kit (and 2x Lotus Elan SE Turbos)
Enright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 10:03 AM   #49
Sodakid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enright View Post
It looks a lovely car, and I while I think that changing wheels is usually a change for the worse, the ones you've picked really suit it.

A couple of things spring to mind though, and this is only meant to be CONSTRUCTIVE criticism:

If I were you I would always play it safe and photo-shop the registration number out of any pics posted of the car, for 2 reasons:
1) It's so easy for people to get false plates made up over the internet nowadays, and the first you'd know about it is when plod came knocking on your door accusing you of failing to pay for petrol (or worse). Yes you'd probably be able to prove your case, but best to prevent the problem in the first place rather than cure it.
2) Insurance companies look for any reasons (or excuses) not to pay in the event of a claim, and that includes trawling forums like this and noting un-declared modifications. If they can prove that you've done something to your car and failed to tell them about it, they could make life really difficult for you in the future. Again, better safe than sorry.

The other thing, and it's only personal preference, is that I think the back end of Mk2's looks rather bare when de-badged. I managed to get original badges from a scrapyard for mine, then got the big MG octagon insert from Dazzer to replace the faded one. I know there are still panel gap issues around my bumper, but as you can see, at least the bootlid doesn't look like a big empty expanse any longer.
Cheers mate i will have to edit the images tonight,
I have declared all mods and you will be glad to hear I have a brand new badge coming

Old 05-09-12, 01:53 PM   #50
andy-81

andy-81 has a spectacular aura aboutandy-81 has a spectacular aura about
I still think the tweeters will fit flush into the c pillars towards the bottom did you get a collar that your tweeters sit into? I think they only show about 3/4's of an inch on the back

The best way to see how much clearance you would have behind the c pillar without cutting is to undo it and get a good sized ball of blue tack and stick it to the back of the c pillar trim then refit it once this has squeezed the blue tack as far as It goes measure the thickness of the blue tack ball against the tweeter this will tell you if it can be done
andy-81 is offline   Reply With Quote