theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars Wanted

Old 05-08-08, 08:13 PM   #11
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryblueboyt View Post
oh and by the way dan think yours maybe a little overpriced been on here and ebay a while .

Bless .... Good luck mate.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-08, 09:14 PM   #12
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Well bud I think you have blown your chances of doing any sort of deal on this forum with that pitch. No-one in their right mind is going to do a straight swap from a mk2 ZS to a mk1 ZR, if they did they would need sectioning!
Old 05-08-08, 10:08 PM   #13
arwilson80
Founding Members

arwilson80 is on a distinguished road
TBH the price you will get will depend on how long you are prepared to 'hold out', and if you wait long enough you will get what you are after. Supply & demand.

At 4.5k a ZS is A LOT of car for the money.

As for car tax... I know i'm not going to just fall over and stop driving the 180 just because the government wants £400 for tax. I pay that just to park my car for the year.

"People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people. Drive only with proper protection."
"You should try one. It's bloody good" - Jeremy Clarkson (commenting after driving a ZS180)
"Fines are a tax for doing bad, Taxes are a fine for doing good" - Unknown
GPS - Because guys don't know how to ask directions

MG ZS 180
3.5L V6 Ford Taurus
2.7L V6 EcoBoost Ford F150 4x4
arwilson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-08, 05:20 AM   #14
garryblueboyt

garryblueboyt is on a distinguished road
i put up a post for a possable swap not asking a value for my car like i said i was prepaired to make up any differance in values but dont insult me by saying my cars worth 2k or there abouts look in parkers, what car , wisebuyer and the values are close to zs so all im saying is be fair as for blowing my chances grow up your as bad as the kids on the zr forum thought you would be grown ups.
so im supposed to let you run down my car cos its not a zs
but yours are top .ok
i was with this forum before when i owned a zs and found it very use full but obviously some people are not if your not interested dont post quite simple really .
garryblueboyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-08, 05:29 AM   #15
garryblueboyt

sorry MC but where does it say straight swap all i asked was dont slate my car it is you i think is off with your comments why cos you have been a member longer gives you the right to say as you please im not slating the zs or why would i want another one all i said was the values are not miles apart and mine is a performance car also, as ive owned both there is little in the way of performance differance standered of course before i get shot down so sorry if and i say if i offended anybody but im allowed as did several members who valued my car also alowed to value theres .
Old 06-08-08, 05:55 AM   #16
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Dan's ZS is a fine exmaple and didn't the post reflect a swap comment?

As for saying grow up, I think you ought to revise what you post, comments like that will not make friends or influence people.

No-one is slating a ZR, so where did you get that idea from? We have many members in here who have owned ZRs and you know who they are.
Old 06-08-08, 06:21 AM   #17
Mat C
Who watches the Watchmen?

Mat C is on a distinguished road
Indeed, i owned a ZR160 for 4 years. In that time it became one of the most well known ZR's around being the 1st to have what everyone refers to as the rally bumper (it's callled the Super1600 bumper) plus mine also had the only ever Super1600 rear wing. It also had a genuine 180+bhp plus due to MG themselves re-tuning it due to them using my car as a demo' car for the 2003/4 seasons at the BTCC on their merchandise/display stand.
But even with 180+ bhp in a ZR, a ZS180 will leave them in it's wake - it's that wonderful thing called mid-range torque harnessed by a chassis with fully independant suspension, not a solid rear axle. No one has run down your car, we have merely pointed out that your values of yours are well out and that you are de-valluing ours. Doesn't matter what Parkers says - it's what the paying public are willing to shell out that matters.
Mat C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-08, 07:16 PM   #18
garryblueboyt

look lets leave at this i not implying the worth of anbodys car nor should they mine i did not start with the valueing process im not putting anybodys car down my post is im interested in a swap if anbody else was with or with out cash im not implying a straight swap for a 2005 mk2 for a 2003 mk1 so where did you get that from im not an 18yr old im a mature 45yr old looking to trade my car if you dont want to fine dont post but human nature people cant resist spamming posts by saying he over values his car or its a bit chavtastic or, well dont comment unless you want to enter in to a deal, and as for the performance bit its the driver not the car zs is a very capable car hence why again im looking to get another so as ive said and nobody listens looking to swap my zr+ possble cash for right car
Old 09-08-08, 05:44 PM   #19
bigfella

bigfella is on a distinguished road
Who would swap a Mk2 ZS for a Mk1 ZR unless there was a decent amount of money involved. The ZR is the lesser of the 2!
bigfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-08, 05:48 PM   #20
garryblueboyt

we will see