theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 18-11-11, 06:09 PM   #41
alex180

alex180 is on a distinguished road
After the problem occurred I got her taken back to the garage for them to find what had happened, when I went down there to see the aftermath the manager said to me that they where concerned about the clearance between the tensor bearing and the bracket it's attached to but fitted it anyway! He even said this to my solicitor! Dayco's own report after testing the components came back saying there where no faults in the bearing or bracket so it was down to poor fitment or adjustment. The 2nd report on the parts and cars damage stated it was soley down to fitment / adjustment and there for the garages problem! 1st reason from the report was if the garage wernt happy with the part why did they fit it and not phone the owner to voice there concerns 2nd after the tensor was being adjusted to the tence position against the belt they my hav inadvertently undone the 8mm alankey bolt holding the bearing to the bracket alowing it to move and rub the bracket over heating the bearing and melting the belt destroying the plastic idler pulley cant really remember the 3rd but I can tell you that all this has ended up costing me over £4500 just in bills but life goes on and there is alot worse happening in the world today So I do count myself as lucky ive got her back although I believe it could have been avoided
alex180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-11, 07:04 AM   #42
tcb 180

tcb 180 will become famous soon enough
A good result however. Typical of the modern world, you will always end up out of pocket. Nevertheless, enjoy her now you've got her back.
tcb 180 is offline   Reply With Quote