theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 29-04-09, 08:53 PM   #1
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
An upturn in mk1 prices?...............

Hell no but worth a mention!

Kathy spied a trophy blue ZS at a local car sales today, easy to spot as it was the only car right in the middle on a set of ramps, centre of display. She didn't see the price first time but later this evening........................................... .............she called me when she went out..................................an 02 plate for £4295!

I'm going to look at it to see why it is so much and pull the leg of the dealer

Obviously owned by royalty or has delivery mileage!
Old 29-04-09, 10:09 PM   #2
tb steve

tb steve has a spectacular aura abouttb steve has a spectacular aura about
the bloke next door has a 1.8 rover 45 very low miles and its clean he got offered 4k as a px on a new car

i said take it
tb steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-09, 11:15 PM   #3
Nor

Nor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the rough
Thing is, we mock people who want to sell these cars are higher prices, but why shouldn't they be worth those prices?
Old 30-04-09, 07:14 AM   #4
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor View Post
Thing is, we mock people who want to sell these cars are higher prices, but why shouldn't they be worth those prices?
Well yes that would be good for us owners but not so for the buyers as I would hate for someone to get ripped off and buy a car that was worth a quarter in true terms.
Old 30-04-09, 08:06 AM   #5
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve180 View Post
the bloke next door has a 1.8 rover 45 very low miles and its clean he got offered 4k as a px on a new car

i said take it
Build in the 2K scrappage which some dealers will give on cars over 8 years old, the huge discounts already available on new cars, and the current dire new car sale market and I'd say he's just getting a fair deal .... nothing too special IMHO.

Still .... Got to be tempted I suppose.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-09, 05:37 PM   #6
Southside_ZS

Southside_ZS is on a distinguished road
As said thats what our cars "should" be worth. Compare the price of a 52 plate ZS to equivelent cars of that age.
Southside_ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-09, 07:32 PM   #7
afcbadam

afcbadam is on a distinguished road
surley if everybody upped the asking price of these cars the value of them would go up? i cannot beleive how much these cars are selling for, its a joke. cars with similar power are 3-4k more. ie astra gsi, clio 172/182, civic type r, focus st170 ect.

alot less money than all of them but the best imho. the kv6 is one of the best british built v6 engine out there.

any way i couldnt care what mines worth, its worth a lot more to me than money. if somebody offered me a good sum of money for it i still wouldnt sell her!

Regal Autosport Astra GSI Turbo 304 bhp 356 lb/ft

Thorney motorsport Vectra vxr 305bhp 398lbft

Now its time to build a big turbo MG ZS

afcbadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-09, 07:49 PM   #8
R8NMG

R8NMG will become famous soon enough
Funny how as soon as there is an MG or Rover badge on the bonnet and straight away the car is deemed worthless. When it is a different brand they are suddenly worth alot more but are they really better?
R8NMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-09, 07:57 PM   #9
afcbadam

afcbadam is on a distinguished road
i think the zs is at least as good if not better than all of what i mentioned above. mabye not acceleration wise, but handling wise, its the most practical, has the best sounding engine, and the best looking

Regal Autosport Astra GSI Turbo 304 bhp 356 lb/ft

Thorney motorsport Vectra vxr 305bhp 398lbft

Now its time to build a big turbo MG ZS

afcbadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-09, 08:00 PM   #10
RudeDogg1

RudeDogg1 is on a distinguished road
the book value for mine (parkers) was over 5 grand whenm i got mine about 2.5 years ago i didnt pay that mind was just over 4 cant believe how prices have plumeted
RudeDogg1 is offline   Reply With Quote