AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-12-08, 11:46 AM   #1
meat-and-gravy

meat-and-gravy is on a distinguished road
Doh! the zed is dead

The zed is quite literally DEAD!!!! in the bottom of a 15-20ft deep canal.

I was coming home from work last night at a bout 7.45pm, and the drive home from Rye to Tenterden is a nice road th at follows a tidal river/canal that leads to Rye harbour. Any way I am going along at at aroung 55mph and suddenly all I can see infront of the wind screen is barn owl!!! I swerve stupidly and the car snakes for a while and just when i thought i had it back in line my tyre blew and I lost complete control, went through a fence, hit the bank and a small brick wall, barrel rolled the car a couple of times and ended up in the middle of the canal.

The car filled with water and sank staright to the bottom, luckily and dont ask me how, I managed to smash the window and swim to the surface. Being pitch black and no cars or house for a mile or so I thought that was it. It wasnt, and eventually I swam to the other side of the river. Cut a long story short I got to house down the way and rang my wife and Dad. an hour later the emergency services arrived and I walked away with cuts and bruises and mild hypothermia. Amazed that i am still here! I drove down there today and you cant ebven see her in the bottom, it look more miraculous in the daylight, strange what you can do when survival mode kicks in. Never been so

Just got to wait and see what the insurance payout will be like ( dread to think really) and then i am in the market for a new zed!

SAME MEAT DIFFERENT GRAVY
meat-and-gravy is offline   Reply With Quote