theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 20-06-14, 10:32 PM   #1
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Question I have a real ZS problem

Recently I find myself looking at other cars, mainly big engined autos, S-Type Jags, Audi A8s and the like. I think I am falling out of love with the ZS as I enjoy driving it but not on longish journeys anymore. As I am getting on I am finding my back problems resurfacing and taking longer to get over it, the ZS ride is not helping and I don't find it comfortable anymore. The seats are fine but the ride not so, great for fast country lanes and track days but not everyday use. I've been with the same ZS for +9 years, a record for me btw, maybe time to move on, who knows? I did think about going down the mk2 route and leaving the suspension well alone, but can I? Not sure what to do for the best. I have even thought about getting an auto ZT, best of both for the weekend cruise and the odd day to work. I have the Elite Vectra Estate for the commute and the sensible stuff, but it isn't me but stuck with it for now until I can afford a Disco 3 or a lottery win and it'll be a V8 Mustang!

Not worth much as is, but nearly double broken up, which hurts.

Help!!! That is the dilemma, been with it for so long and also with this forum, hard to think not having a ZS or being here but something has to give before my back does.

Time for a good nights sleep.
Old 20-06-14, 10:56 PM   #2
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Difficult dilema - good luck.
Old 20-06-14, 11:18 PM   #3
top_man_eldo

top_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the rough
Vehicle Handling Solutions...

MG ZS suspension upgrade. This kit consists of four high quality Bilstein monotube dampers, tuned to provide a mature dynamic performance. The overtly sporting character of the original ZS is retained but with significantly more refined ride quality. The dampers are a straightforward replacement of the original units. All kits are built to order. £559 + VAT.

http://www.vehiclehandlingsolutions.com/products.htm

I'm sure this guy had them fitted to his ZS and rated them...

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPc4X7AwzbOaea16ZcksApw

Just a thought?
top_man_eldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-14, 04:56 AM   #4
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
I've got them fitted to both zs, the dogs b*****x imo.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-14, 06:06 AM   #5
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I did give that some thought but alot of money to put into a sub £1k car.
Old 21-06-14, 06:53 AM   #6
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
I totally get where you're coming from.

Go and try some mate.

ZT auto keeps you in the brand if you want to stay MG and they good cars. Sound good and very cumfy. Nowhere near the same performance. Cheap to get into.

As for yours.

Break it and it'll break your heart with the amount of time and effort that you've put into it. And it'll break your back taking it apart.

So - try some cars out - have some fun looking around and trying some to see if the grass really is greener. Then advertise yours as it is for what you want for it. There may be someone who will see what a good car it is and could be just what they are looking for. If that doesn't sell it, get the barbie on and we'll all come and help out.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-14, 07:15 AM   #7
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
^^^^^ Dan speaks fapping good sense

Also in for road trip and Barbie

ZS Appreciation Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475756782447499/

> ZR 105 (Broken) > MK2 ZS 180 (Sold) > MK1 ZS 180 (Sold) > ZR Replica (Dead) > MK1 ZS 180 (Broken)
Lukeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-14, 09:06 AM   #8
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
I did give that some thought but alot of money to put into a sub £1k car.
It's only a sub £1k car if you are selling it, if you are keeping it then it's priceless.

(sorry - that doesn't help either way)
Old 21-06-14, 09:13 AM   #9
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Budget of £6K and you can get a ZT 260.

Best of both worlds, bit of luxury and Mustang power.

Keep the ZS for track days.

Tow hitch and a trailer on the ZT.

All the effort thats gone in the ZS got to be a keeper till you are old and grey!!!

Old 21-06-14, 09:52 AM   #10
stamford
Site Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Budget of £6K and you can get a ZT 260.

Best of both worlds, bit of luxury and Mustang power.

Keep the ZS for track days.

Tow hitch and a trailer on the ZT.

All the effort thats gone in the ZS got to be a keeper till you are old and grey!!!

I think I probably qualify on both counts there!