theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 25-02-13, 06:33 PM   #51
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
No updates for several weeks as I've been totally ignoring the ZS until last week, story in this thread - http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=24536
Old 02-03-13, 05:37 PM   #52
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
And a brief summery of last weekend for those who can't be bothered to follow the link in the previous post.

After non use for a few weeks the battery decided to stop holding charge for more than a few seconds so I ended up in Halfords at 6.30pm as they were the only place open on a Saturday evening and I needed the car working the following day.

The following day I planned to drive to Manchester to collect 3 of my daughters and my grandaughter to return them home down here in the south. I got as far as Birmingham and the fuel pump died so the car was recovered to a local garage who replaced the pump the next day for £206 all in.

In the meantime my 22 yr old arranged for the 16 and 13 yr olds to come back by train and she opted to stay another week. I collected a loan car from the company doing the repairs and drove to Euston, met the girls and drove home.

Today I drove up to Brum and collected the ZS.
Old 02-03-13, 05:43 PM   #53
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Running well again now ?

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-13, 09:32 PM   #54
talkingcars

Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
Running well again now ?
Most of the way back I was driving for ecconomy doing around 60 most of the way but the last 25 miles from the M25 reminded me how much I like the 180

In the last 7 days I've done 297 miles in the ZS, 394 in the 25, 3 days driving at work (2 days in transit sized flat beds, 1 day split between a 20 year old fiesta and a 26 tonne crane truck) and yesterday 554 miles to Falmouth and back in the ZR and only about 50 miles of that was motorway.
Old 09-05-13, 06:05 PM   #55
talkingcars

Not updated for some time - 2 days after I last posted the car appeared to run out of fuel while parked on a slight slope, however she didn't take a full tank full to the brim if you include the jerry can's worth I added.

The same has happened parked with the N/S on the kerb here a couple of weeks ago.

And I've been using the F a lot since replacing the soft top.

Finally I've just bought "ZS Sam's" mk2 last weekend so look out for the project thread about that one.
Old 09-05-13, 06:29 PM   #56
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Could it be an air lock when you fill up, my derv sits there gurgling after it shuts the fuel line down. I'm sure it will take more fuel if it settles down.

Sams car looked sorted last time I saw it, be interesting to see what you do.

Old 10-05-13, 04:44 AM   #57
talkingcars

I think the new pickup for the pump sits slightly higher, it's just a bit disconcerting after driving the car for nearly 5 and a half years and 65'000 miles.
Old 10-05-13, 11:28 AM   #58
POMPSKI

POMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the rough
Just read the whole topic, been an interesting year

Please keep it updated it is very interesting

Looking forward to seeing what happens with one of the forums other Black Beauties.
POMPSKI is offline   Reply With Quote