theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 05-01-13, 04:36 PM   #1
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Talking cars - blogging in 2013

As you may or may not know I have several cars that I look after, there's my ZS180 and T16 maestro, Mrs TC's ZR160 and MGF VVC (well I tell her that - LOL) and then there is Miss TC's R100, there is also James juniors R100 but he is slowly letting that rot and he CBA to a full licence so I'm ignoring that one.

I'm being selfish here and am going to blog what I do with my cars in a hope I do more this year than last. Might even include photos.

Please forgive me if there are refrences to other forums, I belong to too many.
Old 05-01-13, 04:42 PM   #2
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Jan 1st

New years day - inlaws coming over - yawn - however it is a lovely day and they aren't due until lunchtime so I tided and vacummed the MGF and fitted the £2 scrapyard bargin genuine mats, it looks loved again.

I tided up some of the stuff in the ZS and the ZR which also got it's tyres pumped, I must really sort the slow punctures.
Old 05-01-13, 04:48 PM   #3
talkingcars

Jan 5th

Took the ZS down to MJS in Shoreham so they can fix the oil leak - Mike was as friendly as ever, also booked in the MGF for an MOT and suspension check.

Came back by bus, 2 actually, £2.30 for a 10 minute ride and then £5.20 for 1hr 10.

This afternoon I washed the ZR, only remember doing once before so it needs some proper TLC.
Old 05-01-13, 07:55 PM   #4
talkingcars

And one last job for today - took down the christmas lights - car related? Yes, the outdoors ones were plugged into the extension lead that supplies the trickle charger in the MGF.
Old 05-01-13, 08:59 PM   #5
LozMachine
Site Supporter

LozMachine is a jewel in the roughLozMachine is a jewel in the roughLozMachine is a jewel in the rough
Look forward to more of these what was the cause of the zed's oil leak? From what i've read it became quite bad?
Old 05-01-13, 09:12 PM   #6
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Look forward to more tales...........Its ok cos we all petrol heads here, better than talking to a brick wall (my other half lol).
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-13, 08:39 AM   #7
talkingcars

I don't know what the leak is yet, they are looking at it in the week.
Old 06-01-13, 04:06 PM   #8
talkingcars

Busy day, just not for cars, I hovered the ZR.
Old 08-01-13, 06:31 PM   #9
talkingcars

8/1/13

Got a call from the garage - cam and rocker seals are leaking - as they will disturb the cam belt to do these they may as well do the cambelt which is due in 12 months - and the thermostat - and as they are that far into it the head gaskets as well - £850 - oh, is the car worth it - a 2001 ZS180 with 118k on the clock and a few other issues????????

Some decsions need making.

And my head hurts
Old 08-01-13, 06:37 PM   #10
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, tough call to be honest

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote