theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 09-01-13, 09:23 AM   #21
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
It's a lot of money but you clearly have put a lot of time effort and some of "you" into the car James I would look at repair.what about an engine transplant.do the belts when at the same time engines seem to come up pretty often and you sound like you are pretty capable of doing an engine swap.maybe a do something meet could be in order.
Old 09-01-13, 12:01 PM   #22
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Very true grimmy, there's a couple of engines for sale through here at the moment, must be worth considering?
Old 09-01-13, 12:14 PM   #23
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Might even get an engine with the belts done for cheaper than the belts cost to do...

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-13, 01:48 PM   #24
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
5.5 hours just to do the gaskets at £50 an hour - still not worth paying for - I shall collect her and see how bad it is now I know what's leaking - once the F is on the road I'll decide if to do the gaskets or swap the engine (how much is a lightened flywheel?) or get that mk2 with its horrible dash and BCU. I can see me driving the F a lot more this year.
Old 10-01-13, 07:39 PM   #25
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
The double sided foam to refit the skirts on the ZR arrived today - job for the weekend after swapping the ZS and the F - assuming it isn't snowing.

There is a parcel waiting at the sorting office - might be the LEDs for the ZS door handles.
Old 12-01-13, 01:01 PM   #26
talkingcars

The parcel wasn't the LED's, it was a keypad for Gemmas wireless xbox controller

I ran down to the garage to drop of the F and collect the ZS, the F hasn't been driven (except changing parking places) since last June, still drives great except for the low suspension on one side, the noisy wipers and the lack of MOT.

They didn't charge me looking at the ZS and the apprentice will buy her if I decide to scrap, not sure he'd be so keen if the interior, induction, exhaust and other little bits are missing.

The main reason for the high quotes were the amount of labour involved, parts only come to about £150.

Drove her home, I do love driving her, much more "lift up your skirts and run" than on the VVC's of the ZR or F, I definatly don't want to get rid of her, not even if I get followed by police cars - long story - maybe more later - got to go out now - TTFN.
Old 12-01-13, 04:47 PM   #27
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Hello, hello, hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-01-13, 09:19 PM   #28
talkingcars

Been thinking about this here oil leak, garage only took the engine covers off, did he mean top and bottom or just the top? If the oil cooler is also leaking would they see this due to the oil leaking from the top of the engine, I doubt it.

Why do I keep going back to the oil cooler? Because there is a much bigger oil slick after I've driven a distance. - http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthre...704#post291704

Think if it's not too wet tomorrow I shall have the top cover off and do a bit of a jet wash and see what I can find.

Just looked at the cost of gasket sets, Rimmers do a complete set at £114 or they are available on ebay from £49 for a top set and £30 for a bottom.
Old 12-01-13, 09:41 PM   #29
bowthruster

bowthruster has a spectacular aura aboutbowthruster has a spectacular aura about
If it were me,with the amount of time/money youve put into you car i would be very tempted to keep her or him!The zs is a good car,it grips well,plenty of power,a few niggles here and there,but what car doesnt.I dont like all the new modern cars,i prefer something different.One of my work colleuges said you've got a rover 45,and i said yeah come for a ride,so i took him for a few miles drive,and let him drive back.......he was shocked,that it went that well and handled that well,he still keeps going on about it now.Its up to you but you will miss it,trust me,i found out the hard way i loved my zr160,but regreted selling it and my zr120,so this is the 3rd time ive come back to the MG brand and i just love it.
Work safe, and remember all technical problems can be resolved with a hammer, the trick is knowing where to hit it and how big a hammer to use (I often find it may also help to have a spare bit in the shed to replace the bit you have just mullered
bowthruster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-13, 03:53 PM   #30
talkingcars

Don't worry, the ZS isn't going anywhere any time soon.