theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 17-07-20, 12:34 PM   #11
Bakermgzs

Bakermgzs is a jewel in the roughBakermgzs is a jewel in the roughBakermgzs is a jewel in the rough
I brought a new project at weekend a zs with t16 engine I drove 200 miles for it I got it a mile from home and the engine blow up. So happy days. Iv managed to get engine out and rebuild almost all of it. Who ever done the job really rushed it and wiring loom is all over the place. I just have one big dilemma and that is how to get the supercharged zs and t16 zs to pol. Lol
I'll put fuw pics on my album
What you guy think
Bakermgzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-20, 08:38 PM   #12
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
How did it go, before blowing up??

Wonder if they will still have POL now it has all been knocked down??

Car looks OK, shame the engine blew up.
Old 17-07-20, 10:31 PM   #13
Bakermgzs

Bakermgzs is a jewel in the roughBakermgzs is a jewel in the roughBakermgzs is a jewel in the rough
To be honest I swapped it for my run about zs rio red to, but unfortunately no it run like absolutely bag of poo the dude who had it know nufink about mg it wouldn't start when it got there would only start thro bumping it. Absolutely crap when needed fuel half way home. Was blowing lods of oil out of the breather pipe when under boost. To put it straight it was ragged so hard by someone. But I built the supercharged zs and am a mechanic. So rebuilt engine and sprayed block blue engine is pretty much built up now with all accessories. So not long she be running. As for pol it been on every year so far part from this year do to circumstances
Old 18-07-20, 01:34 PM   #14
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

good job you know your way around the motor.

Was wondering what the parts supply was like for a T16 engine and found this. Amazing you can get so much. https://www.gb-ent.com/collections/rover-t16

Just have to have deep pockets.

Have to keep us updated and power output when it is all run in.

Good luck with it.

Old 18-07-20, 11:34 PM   #15
Bakermgzs

To be fair is quite amazing how many parts you can still get for that engine considering there nearly 35 year old. Iv only built it all with standard parts due to the fact I want to see that it all works properly in the zs as like I said the loom is a absolute mess. But I have another t16 engine stored away which broke many years ago so I'm going to rebuild that with expensive parts lol.
Mate you want try getting parts for the supercharged zs you got better chances of seeing pigs fly
Old 19-07-20, 01:29 AM   #16
M17TT180

M17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakermgzs View Post
To be fair is quite amazing how many parts you can still get for that engine considering there nearly 35 year old. Iv only built it all with standard parts due to the fact I want to see that it all works properly in the zs as like I said the loom is a absolute mess. But I have another t16 engine stored away which broke many years ago so I'm going to rebuild that with expensive parts lol.
Mate you want try getting parts for the supercharged zs you got better chances of seeing pigs fly
Hello mate it's Matt from Potters Bar

Lots of second- hand parts click HERE
Project Typhoon
M17TT180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-20, 01:07 PM   #17
peterzs
promoted bloke!

is that the Australian supercharger? Any bits from there??
Old 19-07-20, 08:32 PM   #18
Bakermgzs

Oh hi matt good to see you on here mate
And as for parts from there no defo no I rung sprintex cost me a arm and a leg but I called them lol. No absolutely definitely no parts. I can get It rebuilt like seals and bits but not actually parts if you get me.
Old 19-07-20, 10:02 PM   #19
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Oops
Old 25-08-20, 08:48 PM   #20
gAZ

gAZ is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakermgzs View Post
To be honest I swapped it for my run about zs rio red to, but unfortunately no it run like absolutely bag of poo the dude who had it know nufink about mg it wouldn't start when it got there would only start thro bumping it. Absolutely crap when needed fuel half way home. Was blowing lods of oil out of the breather pipe when under boost. To put it straight it was ragged so hard by someone. But I built the supercharged zs and am a mechanic. So rebuilt engine and sprayed block blue engine is pretty much built up now with all accessories. So not long she be running. As for pol it been on every year so far part from this year do to circumstances
Hi mate, what kind of intercooler is that on the ZS T16?