theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 03-10-12, 11:34 PM   #1
andy-81

andy-81 has a spectacular aura aboutandy-81 has a spectacular aura about
ive seen the light again!!

Well i have really hated the zed over the past few weeks due to one fault after another which is why i havent been on as much, nothing personal ive just been flogging my self silly trying to get the money together to repair it first off the power steering pump collapsed which whilst self destructing sent small bits of debris into the rack, so that was 72 quid plus vat for a recon one 110 quid for the rack and 5 quid for the belt, so 187 quid later and a days graft its fixed so next day theres a funny noise coming from near my feet so i thought id wait for a day off then check it out seemed to be a worn thrust bearing or so i thought then after a few hours working i heard a small metallic thud and the car was stuck in fourth.

so after a mate who kindly came and recovered me with his tractor it turned out to be a buggered gearbox

So another 60 quid later for a box and 40 quid for a new clutch i'm happy again i wouldnt mind so much but the clutch that was in was only 5 months old!

So now after a week of driving on egg shells ive finally relaxed and started to enjoy it again!!
andy-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-12, 11:40 PM   #2
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
Tbh mate thats cheap but i completely understand the whole falling out of love thing. Its part of the joys of owning a MG. Glad its ok now

ZS Appreciation Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475756782447499/

> ZR 105 (Broken) > MK2 ZS 180 (Sold) > MK1 ZS 180 (Sold) > ZR Replica (Dead) > MK1 ZS 180 (Broken)
Lukeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-12, 05:22 AM   #3
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
pain in the arse mate but thats good prices for getting her roadworthy again! Hopefully the zs will behave now
Old 04-10-12, 07:43 AM   #4
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I know how you feel, been there myself and no doubt will again, that's the love affair with the zed we have!
Old 04-10-12, 09:17 AM   #5
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Lucky you can sort out all the probs, well done on that, heard them scrapped for less!!!

Hope you get trouble free motoring for a long time.

Old 04-10-12, 09:39 AM   #6
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
It's a pain in the bum, but £100 for a clutch and gearbox? Absolute bargain! I can't think of any other similar aged make that could you get that job done for that price.
And at least it went before the really bad weather sets in. Nothing worse than lying on your back in the dark and the rain, knowing that you've GOT to fix the car to be able to use it to get you to work tomorrow.
Hopefully at least get you through the Winter now.

Mk2 MG ZS TD 115 with full 180 kit (and 2x Lotus Elan SE Turbos)
Enright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-12, 09:45 AM   #7
zsserbia

zsserbia will become famous soon enough
Glad to hear it all went well after all, the result is all that matters in the end. I wish you a lot of trouble free motoring!
zsserbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-12, 10:16 AM   #8
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
Mine still isn't 100% the way I want it yet but I keep going

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-12, 07:49 PM   #9
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
There is something about the ZS, even when its giving you grief, you look at it and think " what a great car" and you know that you will want to sort out any probs it has.
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-12, 07:59 PM   #10
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
if mgs were built to last/not have problems where would we be,although ive had next to no problems with my zr,my first zs was great aswell,my second one is still from perfect,still have a few things to sort like the back breaks,and this coolant issue,still wont/cant give up,took me two years to get my arse back in one,thats why i keep goin mate,least you got to the bottom of your problems with the car mate
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote