theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 11-10-12, 05:01 PM   #11
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchy View Post
think the nearside one you may be able to get away with not taking the tank out, it kinda runs over it, kinda awkward one to do tbh, would want a ramp to do one, may be esiest to piece in the piece required but then you need an on car flaring tool, plus the steel pipes are a lot harder to flare in the first place compared to the copper, miost garages will take an hours labour to do a brake pipe
Mot tester said the whole thing wasn't needling replaced just the small section from the flexi back. Need to go look for a brake system diagram you have got me spooked now.
Old 11-10-12, 05:06 PM   #12
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmy View Post
Cheers Gary have done the job on other cars before but it's the getting shot of a flaring tool.that would be the problem mate.
Aye, we managed to get a shotty of one from Harkness bodywork....have a vague recollection of kev possibly saying he had one, but that could well be wrong?!?!
One of the scrotes lines went over the fuel tank, as said we had a ramp which made it easier but all we did was remove old line, measure teh new piece against it then fed it over the tank and adjusted it to suit the route required
Old 11-10-12, 05:25 PM   #13
grimmy

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
Aye, we managed to get a shotty of one from Harkness bodywork....have a vague recollection of kev possibly saying he had one, but that could well be wrong?!?!
One of the scrotes lines went over the fuel tank, as said we had a ramp which made it easier but all we did was remove old line, measure teh new piece against it then fed it over the tank and adjusted it to suit the route required
checked with Kev earlier he doesnt have one Gary,will just wait and see if Goldie can help me out.
Old 11-10-12, 05:36 PM   #14
scotttait

scotttait is on a distinguished road
If your not far from Stirling I could prob get it done this week for you at some point, cheapish
Old 11-10-12, 05:39 PM   #15
grimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotttait View Post
If your not far from Stirling I could prob get it done this week for you at some point, cheapish
Just over in cumbernauld mate,I will get back to you over the weekend if I can't get myself.sorted out. Cheers mate.
Old 11-10-12, 05:39 PM   #16
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
got a bench flarer your free to borrow but i dont have time to do it
Old 11-10-12, 05:42 PM   #17
grimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchy View Post
got a bench flarer your free to borrow but i dont have time to do it
Cheers ritchy.
Old 11-10-12, 06:03 PM   #18
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Shame you're not down south, could have borrowed my flairing tool.

When I've replace lines I've reused the old union - at least there is no chance it's the wrong size.

If it's only a short section it is possible to cut this out and flair the exsisting pipe and fit a coupling but I would normally replace the whole length.
Old 11-10-12, 07:24 PM   #19
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
Shame you're not down south, could have borrowed my flairing tool.

When I've replace lines I've reused the old union - at least there is no chance it's the wrong size.

If it's only a short section it is possible to cut this out and flair the exsisting pipe and fit a coupling but I would normally replace the whole length.
A normal DIY flaring kit will not work in OE pipes as they tend to be steel and therefore too hard. These kits only work on copper unless you have an industrial kit.
Old 11-10-12, 08:06 PM   #20
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I got mine when the garage I worked for moved and closed the old workshop but I've never tried it on O/E pipes so no idea if it'll work.