theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 03-08-14, 02:42 PM   #1
henocsr

henocsr is on a distinguished road
My new ZS 180

Hi, thought i would show some pictures of my new ZS180. i did have one before back in 2007, but i sold it when the goverment starting talking about changing the car tax laws on CO which would have met that all cars register after 2001 with a co2 group higher than 225 would pay over £400 a year in tax. Of coruse the goveremtn didnt go ahead with this stupid idea and adjusted the new law so that only car registered after 2006 with over 225 co2 would be in that high bracket. i had though sold my ZS by the time that was confirmed.

But anyway i missed it and with the used values of these cars on the floor now, even for very nice cars, i though that now was the time to buy, look after and keep for ever, than wait another 10 years and get a ropey and corroded car, which i would have to spend loads on to turn into a nice one. (been there and done that with Maestro turbos and Rover 800 Vitesses)

The car i have found has had a timing belt service in March 2013 @ 72000, it now has 79000 so no worries there for atime. I have carried out a full sefive with gen parts (all filters, sparks and trans oil) Just need to get some new front discs and pads, as well as do a brake fliud change.
i found that the clutch was very stiff, to the point that the clevis on the master cylinder broke off when i tryed to drive off my drive(how luck was it that is happened there......or how unluckly was it to happen at all as i have never known any of the rover group cars with these plastic hydrolic systems do this!!!) I have now fitted the kit from dark ice developments and lub'ed up the release bearing rod.
This car seems to have had a problem with stuff seizing as the wiper motor is also destoryed internally and is stupidly noisey. i have lub'ed the regulator but a quick inspection of the motor internals shows complete bearing failure and the motor stator wobbles about and hits the housing. So i have a new second hand motor on order. i guess the motor was used to clear snow from the glass or the reg did seize up once.
Other than that the car is in quite good order. Though the inlet manifold is niosey, but i was given when i brought the car one that has had the motors removed, so i may open that one up and inspect it for condition and see were i go from there.
My fav colour for a ZS and it has the optional, rear electric windows, headrests, park aid and the trophy blue interor pack.
Pictures below

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

The other ting about this car is the mistake that was made at longbridge when it was made, as you can see it was given a ZR commission number

[/URL]
Old 03-08-14, 03:50 PM   #2
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Very tidy, nice extra touches too. Surprised they made a blatant error on the commissioning sticker.
Old 03-08-14, 04:03 PM   #3
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Nice one ....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-14, 04:12 PM   #4
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Great looking car, my wipers motor started sounding like a Darlek, every sweep of the arms.

S/H motor and rods sorted it.
Old 03-08-14, 04:56 PM   #5
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Nice looking Zed..........................cant wait to see it in the flesh..
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-14, 04:57 PM   #6
M17TT180

M17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the rough
So much blue!

Lots of second- hand parts click HERE
Project Typhoon
M17TT180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-14, 05:36 PM   #7
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
looks a tidy motor youve got yourself.
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-14, 07:13 PM   #8
Mart_in_MCR

Mart_in_MCR will become famous soon enough
Looks very tidy!
Mart_in_MCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-14, 08:36 PM   #9
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Car looks good. It would be interesting to know what the commission number of the 2 chassis either side of yours are, yours would be xxxxxx.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by henocsr View Post
......but i sold it when the goverment starting talking about changing the car tax laws on CO which would have met that all cars register after 2001 with a co2 group higher than 225 would pay over £400 a year in tax. Of coruse the goveremtn didnt go ahead with this stupid idea and adjusted the new law so that only car registered after 2006 with over 225 co2 would be in that high bracket. i had though sold my ZS by the time that was confirmed.
I wrote to my MP on the subject at the time so I'll take some of the credit for the U turn. I pointed out that after the EU changed the way they measured emissions in 2004 and that the ZS180 would have been in the lower bracket if retested.
Old 03-08-14, 09:13 PM   #10
henocsr

henocsr is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the nice comments