theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 29-10-20, 03:50 PM   #1
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile Mot

Hi just got a fail on the ZS mK2 DERV

Offside Headlamp levelling device inoperative (4.1.5 (a))

Any tips on what is a quick fix

Thanks.

Old 29-10-20, 09:13 PM   #2
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Hi just got a fail on the ZS mK2 DERV

Offside Headlamp levelling device inoperative (4.1.5 (a))

Any tips on what is a quick fix

Thanks.

I had that on my MG6 the other week, turns out the bulb wasn't seated properly so the levelling device moved, but the bulb didn't. (easy fix)

However looking at the ZS lights, if you listen around the back of the headlight unit area, while someone else adjusts the light, can you hear the headlight motor moving?

If not then I would suggest the motor is scrap, or the plug might need cleaning and putting back together.

If you can, but the headlight doesn't level, then you might have popped the lens off of the ball on the end of the leveller. Easy fix, if a little fiddly, to reach your finger into the back of the unit and "click" it back into place.

If you were local I would have a look for you Pete, but we are up near Surrey now! quite a way from the Forest (I think I might even have a spare leveller here...)

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-20, 10:38 PM   #3
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I've had this on the last two MOTs on the ZR. Operating the switch a few times got it working again, it was just lack of use.
Old 30-10-20, 08:13 AM   #4
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Remove the switch....?
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-20, 11:54 AM   #5
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

cheers guys, my WD40 cure-all has been sprayed on it overnight so I'll go and have a look, typical it is now raining and windy.

Thanks for the offer Sam, hope you are enjoying your new place. Shame it is a bit too far.