theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 19-07-10, 08:22 PM   #21
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Car looks Amazing Jay , glad youve got it back and happy.
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-10, 09:07 PM   #22
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKYDEVIL View Post
Car looks Amazing Jay , glad youve got it back and happy.
Cheers mate thinking of tinting the rear lights after seeing pics of yours!

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-10, 11:50 PM   #23
Dave MGT

Dave MGT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
What you doing round my way? Should have popped in mate.

Im going to get the coils refurbed when funds allow and consider what to do then.

Its got a sticky throttle at the moment, take my foot off the gas at lights and it idles at 1.5-2k, Going to clean the idle control valve with some carb cleaner or similar. Its driving great, the brakes are shocking at the moment though, but that will be addressed.

Any recommendations for brake fluid, was going to go 5.1 but unsure of brand?
unipart 5.1 i used.
I was going to roadworthy. Didnt have time to stop as I already had a bit of a skive...lol
Dave MGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-10, 01:18 PM   #24
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Post 1# Updated with tinted rear lights and the Brembo Discs have now turned up so will fit them soon

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 05-08-10, 01:29 PM   #25
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
looking good there Jay; i bet those disks weigh a TON - but they do look like monsters.

I uhmmed and Ahh'd about getting a set, but decided in the end not to bother until i have put the 282 setup through it's paces - if i find it lacking then will have to do summit about it later.

Also first time isaw the pics without the stickers.... have to admit i prefer it without them on, even tho they were pretty cool. Summit about an XPG ZS isn't there
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-10, 01:38 PM   #26
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
XPG really suits the Tinted rear lights.
What else you got planned ?
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-10, 01:40 PM   #27
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
looking good there Jay; i bet those disks weigh a TON - but they do look like monsters.

I uhmmed and Ahh'd about getting a set, but decided in the end not to bother until i have put the 282 setup through it's paces - if i find it lacking then will have to do summit about it later.

Also first time isaw the pics without the stickers.... have to admit i prefer it without them on, even tho they were pretty cool. Summit about an XPG ZS isn't there
The parcel was down as weighing 18kgs! Thats with brackets and boxes
Going to have to loose some weight somewhere to make up for them!!

The 282s are great and all thats really needed for road use, although eventually I plan to use it on track. Thats if I dont go down the 2 wheelled route, went on the back of my mates VFR the other day and holly Sh*t that thing accelerates quick! Wasnt too keen when he got the front wheel up under acceleration not a fan of the handles being behind either

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 05-08-10, 01:45 PM   #28
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKYDEVIL View Post
XPG really suits the Tinted rear lights.
What else you got planned ?
Yer I was a massive fan of throphy blue but starting to really like XPG

Going to put some bucket seats in it, and considering stripping it out although its my only car so not sure what it will be like to live with everyday. Need to fix the inlet manifold as its starting to rattle when cold. Then I may get on and do some custom body mods

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 05-08-10, 01:54 PM   #29
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
18kgs is a fair chuck of weight to be going on, what do the current ones come in at?
Old 05-08-10, 02:00 PM   #30
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
18kgs is a fair chuck of weight to be going on, what do the current ones come in at?
No idea to be honest, It will make quite a difference as of course its unsprung mass, wonder what the % increase will be of the centrifugal force when in motion will be compared to the OE.

Oh well sure the 4pots will more than make up for it

2012 BMW 320d Sport

Last edited by Jay-ZS+; 05-08-10 at 02:27 PM.