theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 02-08-11, 09:08 AM   #11
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
Hmm, ?272 with 4 hours to go - any bets on what it will end up at?
(I quite like the look of this one)

Mk2 MG ZS TD 115 with full 180 kit (and 2x Lotus Elan SE Turbos)
Enright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 01:14 PM   #12
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Shame I don't know what my insurance payout is yet (they only took the car away to asses it today!)

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 01:26 PM   #13
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
Wow, I bet Lewys is happy - he got some good money for that! It was above my limit though...

Old 02-08-11, 01:34 PM   #14
lewys

lewys is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enright View Post
Wow, I bet Lewys is happy - he got some good money for that! It was above my limit though...
yes cant say im not pleased with that!
lewys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 02:05 PM   #15
Enright

Oh well, if you get let down, give us a yell.
Can't help wishing I'd been around a couple of weeks ago to get it for the bargain basement price though!

Old 02-08-11, 02:17 PM   #16
lewys

lewys is on a distinguished road
will do mate!
lewys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-11, 10:53 AM   #17
Enright

After the original sale fell through, Lewys and I have agreed a deal which I think we're both happy with, so I'm looking forwards to picking the car up next week.
I can't wait to be a nice respectable ZS owner - so much more civilised than what I'm currently associated with, hahaha!!!
Anyway I could do with finding a replacement bumper (ideally identical to the one that was originally removed), but at a pinch anything that will get me road-legal, so if anyone knows of one please get in contact.
Also, as the non-running issue could be down to ECU failure, I'm trying to find out if I can fit a MkI derv ECU & 5AS to the MkII - I know that the MkII is fully OBDII compliant so you can reset fault codes etc, but I'm not too concerned about that. i just want it to stand a chance of working. Question is, does anyone know if it would?

Last edited by Enright; 19-08-11 at 10:55 AM.
Old 19-08-11, 10:58 AM   #18
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enright View Post
After the original sale fell through, Lewys and I have agreed a deal which I think we're both happy with, so I'm looking forwards to picking the car up next week.
I can't wait to be a nice respectable ZS owner - so much more civilised than what I'm currently associated with, hahaha!!!
Anyway I could do with finding a replacement bumper (ideally identical to the one that was originally removed), but at a pinch anything that will get me road-legal, so if anyone knows of one please get in contact.
Also, as the non-running issue could be down to ECU failure, I'm trying to find out if I can fit a MkI derv ECU & 5AS to the MkII - I know that the MkII is fully OBDII compliant so you can reset fault codes etc, but I'm not too concerned about that. i just want it to stand a chance of working. Question is, does anyone know if it would?
Probably not... unless you change all sensors and sounders from the alarm as well?

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-11, 12:49 PM   #19
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
No, I'm pretty certain you wont be able to use a mk1 ecu, you have 2 options really either find a mk2 derv being broken and use the ecu, scu, fobs and transponder from the ignition barrel and swap them all into your car, if you go down this route disconnect the battery first as the scu doesn't like being disconnected/reconnected while powered up.

The other option is to find someone who can do a full diagnosis and repair of the parts fitted at the moment.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-11, 12:56 PM   #20
Enright

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
Probably not... unless you change all sensors and sounders from the alarm as well?
Oh dear, I didn't know that might be an issue. I knew that the ECU & 5AS (and hence the remote key fob) were coded to one another, but after that I thought that the alarm simply took an output from the 5AS. So are the MkII 5AS's different to the MkI's as well?

Edit: Thanks for your reply too Pete - I thought I'd found one on eBay, but it's a petrol model. I'll have to keep an eye out for a MkII derv ECU as it's probably the way to go if the usual fault-finding/repairs fail.

Last edited by Enright; 19-08-11 at 01:01 PM.