theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 04-08-15, 11:31 AM   #21
M17TT180

M17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the rough
Well the typhoon is insured, £350 for the year. Little more than I was hoping but that's including an open claim. Peter Best were £270 but that's with the claim settled as non fault which could take an unspecified amount of time. Other than that quotes were 4k or more with my open claim.

This is through my broker sky who are fully aware of the open claim.

Lots of second- hand parts click HERE
Project Typhoon
M17TT180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-15, 07:12 AM   #22
theboynoz

theboynoz is on a distinguished road
Just curios, but do you have the straights for it, if you are going to put it back as standard? If not let me know as I may be interested in a deal if you wanted to swap straights for 11's?

My MK2 is currently running on the straights whilst I (try) and refurb the 11's I have, then get tyres, but not a lot of time to get it all done at present so a spare set of 11's would sort me out if it also helps you? Just let me know as I am down south next week and may be able to bring them with?

Anyway, back on topic, looks like a fun project, wish I had time and money to sort one myself, would love a Typhoon! Good luck!

Drives:
ZS MK2 - XPG 120+, Climate Control, Leather/Alcantara, standard so long as you ignore the backbox, and brilliant fun to drive!
Mondeo MK3 LX - Silver, family runabout, 1.8 16v, standard, does the job!

theboynoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-15, 08:10 PM   #23
M17TT180

M17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboynoz View Post
Just curios, but do you have the straights for it, if you are going to put it back as standard? If not let me know as I may be interested in a deal if you wanted to swap straights for 11's?

My MK2 is currently running on the straights whilst I (try) and refurb the 11's I have, then get tyres, but not a lot of time to get it all done at present so a spare set of 11's would sort me out if it also helps you? Just let me know as I am down south next week and may be able to bring them with?

Anyway, back on topic, looks like a fun project, wish I had time and money to sort one myself, would love a Typhoon! Good luck!
Sticking with the 11's for now mate, prefer the look.

Project Typhoon
Old 06-08-15, 08:18 PM   #24
M17TT180

Right, tonights escapades.

Fixed the drivers window, it now goes all the way up and down after a test two nights ago and not noticing two bolts missing, the whole mechanism decided to fall apart. Still a little sticky but good enough for the time being.

Other than that, rebuilt both doors, I am short of a passenger side speaker. Both open inside and outside - a must for the mot!!

Handbrake console and centre console back in along with steering wheel cowling and the cover under that.

Starting to look a bit more like a car now instead of a pile of junk!!

Removed all the odds and sods from inside and chucked it all in the boot. The interior is filthy so once the mot is complete (fingers crossed!) then it'll all be coming back out including the seats so I can give them and the carpet a DEEP clean.

My pre project drive door cards will be going in but have to wait for the rear doors to turn up first and they will be getting the leccy windows treatment.

Couple of pic (light was rapidly fading!)

Project Typhoon
Old 06-08-15, 08:22 PM   #25
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

looking good.

Old 06-08-15, 08:29 PM   #26
M17TT180

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
looking good.

Cheers P Dogg, aim is to get it to the 60th

Project Typhoon
Old 06-08-15, 08:51 PM   #27
mrmick

mrmick is on a distinguished road
Starting to look good matt keep it going look forward to seeing it done
WARWICKSHIRE & NORTHANTS RAPID RESPONSE VEHICLE.
winner of best zs saloon zs monogram and modded zs also 2nd best car of show at first Mgww meet
Winner best zs saloon at MG saloon day burghley house 19th july 2015
mrmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-15, 10:28 PM   #28
jc600

jc600 is on a distinguished road
Getting there mate, keep up the good work.

WWW.JCTUNING.CO.UK

MK2 MG ZS 180
jc600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-15, 06:15 PM   #29
M17TT180

Bit more done today.

Front end taken apart and rebuilt, standard air box fitted, headlights all bulbed up and plugged in. Bumper reattached properly. Pretty much ready for the mot.

Only one pic today, like an idiot, the other day putting the centre console back in I have forgotton to plug the ciggy lighter in. So had to pull the other car up close!

Project Typhoon
Old 08-08-15, 08:15 PM   #30
adam

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about
Getting there, when do you reckon you'll have her in paint?