theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 09-01-10, 09:06 AM   #21
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
My review on a battery charger.

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=10585

KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 09:40 AM   #22
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Yer saw that Kev looks very smart! Could do with one of those booster packs the AA have! The gfs parents were coming up for the weekend so I managed to borrow her step dads charger. It prob dates from the 1960s but its done the job! Looks like the orginal battery still so its done well Used to jump the gfs R400 off it every morning for months lol.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 10:14 AM   #23
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Assuming you had your car running when you jumped the gfs R400 it was the alternator in your car supplying the power to the 400.

You can get booster packs from anywhere that does chargers -

This one is from as little as £28 inc postage on an eBay auction, this is a BIN at £35 - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAR-BOAT-JUMP-...item414b5c8225 or Halfords do it at £50.
Old 09-01-10, 10:20 AM   #24
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I should have added we have a 24V one at work which happly starts our 26 tonne trucks.

Also Mrs TC's ZR160 battery went the week before xmas, as I was at work she got RAC homestart to come out, they diagnosed a dead battery (which I knew any way) so they fitted a replacment for her for £80. They also replaced the dodgy terminal on her starter at the same time.
Old 09-01-10, 10:21 AM   #25
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Might look it to that James thanks. Yer course it was the alternator A booster pack would be handy as would save the hassle of asking a neighbour for a jump or yesterday getting the 180 out to try it. Any body used one...can recommend any in particular..

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 09-01-10, 11:13 AM   #26
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

With the booster packs any idea how long they will hold their charge for? As knowing my luck I wont need it for a while then go to use it and it will be flat lol. Handy with air compressor too,

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 09-01-10, 11:36 AM   #27
Dave MGT

Dave MGT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
With the booster packs any idea how long they will hold their charge for? As knowing my luck I wont need it for a while then go to use it and it will be flat lol. Handy with air compressor too,
quite a long time. I have one about 7 years old and it work real well. Air compressor packed up though.
Dave MGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 06:25 PM   #28
stevelou5

stevelou5 is on a distinguished road
managed to get it jump started today and seems to be running fine.

will see how cold it gets tonight and try it again in the morning and see what happens!!!

First came the wheel....then came the zs the end!!
stevelou5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 06:29 PM   #29
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelou5 View Post
managed to get it jump started today and seems to be running fine.

will see how cold it gets tonight and try it again in the morning and see what happens!!!
+1 If you need a battery they seem pretty cheap on ebay even with postage!

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 09-01-10, 09:22 PM   #30
R8NMG

R8NMG will become famous soon enough
Had the battery on charge for 11 hours today and the little green dot indicator on the battery is still not showing.
R8NMG is offline   Reply With Quote