theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 20-10-13, 06:02 AM   #61
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat C View Post
I like dreaming too! But that just proves what i said, to at least have a chance a ZS needs money thrown at it to tune it up. Sorry but there's no way on earth a ZS with 210 bhp would even get in the shadow of a GT3 or CSL. Sometimes i feel ashamed to be a ZS owner as all the other owners seem to have ridiculous delusions of grandeur!! Maybe why i've been off the site for 2 years, couldn't put up with the bull sh!t !!!
Think you'll find the car was a bit special - he mentions that - and the guy's spent some time driving on a track. Put a decent driver in a decent car and it'll waste a crap driver in a very fast car.

And - you know what - really - 2 years - well no-one missed you, and if you're just gonna throw insults around on the site at members just bog off back to wherever you've been trolling around for the last little while and don't bother coming back.....

Last edited by Dan1971; 20-10-13 at 06:15 AM.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-13, 09:17 AM   #62
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
And - you know what - really - 2 years - well no-one missed you, and if you're just gonna throw insults around on the site at members just bog off back to wherever you've been trolling around for the last little while and don't bother coming back.....
and it's post like this that need a "like" button.
Old 20-10-13, 09:46 AM   #63
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
and it's post like this that need a "like" button.
Most definately, dissapear for two years, not missed, comes back and almost straight away starts moaning and sniffling........yet still has a ZS *yawn*.

Last edited by Maxfly; 20-10-13 at 09:50 AM.
Maxfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-13, 09:55 AM   #64
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
I like dreaming too! But that just proves what i said, to at least have a chance a ZS needs money thrown at it to tune it up. Sorry but there's no way on earth a ZS with 210 bhp would even get in the shadow of a GT3 or CSL.
The ZS (KV6) does need money throwing at it, and 'till to date, a lot of money for not that much power.

A GT3, CSL, carrera 2 will make mince meat of a ZS if driven by the same driver, or drivers with the same ability

Quote:
Think you'll find the car was a bit special - he mentions that
It was very lightweight and the ZS does handle well, and driven well and can surprise many drivers of faster cars driven averagely, but this surprise is mainly corner entry/exit speed which many people confuse wrongly with power.
On the straights, the faster cars without doubt have the advantage.

Quote:
Put a decent driver in a decent car and it'll waste a crap driver in a very fast car.
Very True

Quote:
?

The fact is,
Put a ZS against a like for like car that is as well tuned or setup as the ZS, and you will find that the ZS has no advantage.

track/race ZS vs 318 compact cup car?
track/race ZS vs clio track/race car?
the nasp mini cooper race cars are on par if not quicker than a ZS race car, and they are only 1600cc!
So, you learn how to drive your tuned ZS that you've thrown 5 grand at (enough to build a race ZS), a further 500+ in driver tuition/coaching and a few thou on test days etc, and you find that the 1.6 mini is just as quick, and have the edge over you in certain corners and you come to the conclusion that all things in perspective, the ZS is good, but perhaps not as good as our rose tinted spectacles made it appear to be?

The fact is, that all things being equal, the ZS does not make mince meat of all that we think it does.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-13, 10:11 AM   #65
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
The op was on about his standard 180 not being up to modern cars and it's developed since there into a session comparing track capability.

In it's day the ZS was well thought of as a driver's car. Now it's old - there are better things out there. No-one's arguing.

But - this is a ZS site - for people who when faced with a choice of car to buy based on whatever criteria they had at the time chose a ZS. If we were claiming our cars are 0-60 in under 5 secs and winning the traffic light grand prix against supercars - uber reliable - cumfy as a big squidgy sofa on a Sunday afternoon - then we'd be mistaken, and very sad indeed.

There are members who have invested in their cars for the track and tell us that they go well. There are members who have spent many hours honing their skills on the track to become decent drivers in that environment.

So we have rose tinted spectacles ...... So what ?
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-13, 10:24 AM   #66
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Love my ZS.

Old 20-10-13, 10:25 AM   #67
welshone

welshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nice
Doing my none Jeremy Clarkson bit now.

It's not all about the power but the feel and control of the car and that sound of the V6.

& what else can you get for the same price as a ZS that gives you that feeling.
welshone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-13, 10:34 AM   #68
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
I like dreaming too! But that just proves what i sawithtt least have a chance a ZS needs money thrown at it to tune it up. Sorry but there's no way on earth a ZS with 210 bhp would even get in the shadow of a GT3 or CSL. Sometimes i feel ashamed to be a ZS owner as all the other owners seem to have ridiculous delusions of grandeur!! Maybe why i've been off the site for 2 years, couldn't put up with the bull sh!t !!!
Nice! So most of us are up with the fairies then? So we are all tarred with the same brush? I enjoy mine still even though I know it is getting on and my Vectra CDTi is as nippy but it is more to do with the feeling it brings. If you feel like that then why bother coming back taking a pop at enthusiasts and slating owners. If any of us felt the same we would sell up and move on. No need for the strong words, 'when the flag drops, the bullsh!t stops'.
Old 20-10-13, 10:35 AM   #69
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Sound of the Derv for me!!!!

Old 20-10-13, 10:40 AM   #70
welshone

welshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Sound of the Derv for me!!!!

Mines nicknamed the tractor
welshone is offline   Reply With Quote