deano9621 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
I think we are all stronger together.
+1 on this
deano9621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-14, 09:16 AM   #12
ZRed

ZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the rough
I`m a yes man.

No to me is a default vote to say you are happy with the way things are at present. I am not.

I believe a yes vote is a step in the right direction for us, all be it a difficult one.

Rest assured though, which ever way it ends up, it`ll still be an ******** leading us for the immediate future.
Old 12-08-14, 10:13 AM   #13
redzed

redzed has a spectacular aura aboutredzed has a spectacular aura about
England Scotland Wales and Ireland together formed one of the biggest empires ever seen. Together we are stronger, fact
Old 12-08-14, 11:54 AM   #14
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRed View Post
Rest assured though, which ever way it ends up, it`ll still be an ******** leading us for the immediate future.
Didn't I see that Boris is running for PM next election?

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-14, 01:13 PM   #15
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
No, just MP but it means he can stand as a candidate for leader of the tories and be in with a chance of being PM.
Old 12-08-14, 02:20 PM   #16
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
YES vote from me as I see it as a chance in lifetime to make a difference to change the country my daughter will be growing up in for the better.
I don't believe the tabloid scaremongering and really can't see how it could be any worse than the state the United Kingdom is in the now.
I am not a fan of Alex Salmond though and think he personally will be to blame for Scotland's Independence losing come voting day.
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-14, 02:38 PM   #17
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKYDEVIL View Post
YES vote from me as I see it as a chance in lifetime to make a difference to change the country my daughter will be growing up in for the better.
I don't believe the tabloid scaremongering and really can't see how it could be any worse than the state the United Kingdom is in the now.
I am not a fan of Alex Salmond though and think he personally will be to blame for Scotland's Independence losing come voting day.
+1
Yes for me as well.I want to live in a country where the people vote for their own government and not the government that people 7-800 miles away vote for.currency argue is a pile of nonsense either way we will have a pound .one with a currency union that will benefit everyone in the British isles or one without a currency union which will benefit Scotland only as we pretty much then walk away with no debt and a AAA financial statements.plus if Boris gets into power that's the whole place right up the sh#$$%r.
Old 12-08-14, 02:59 PM   #18
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
As a non Scot, it can be tough to really understand the real impact it will have, to my shame I have never been north of the border.

However, without looking at the figures, and knowing which side is telling the truth, I am not sure quite how longer term independence can work for Scotland, as their primary source of income is from a finite substance as I understand it.

I don't agree however that the policies set by London work for people outside of London, so can understand why Scots in general are not happy.

if independence is voted for, the No group have stated that they can't use stirling - if they stick to that, then I see it being very very difficult for Scotland whether they shadow the pound, or take up the euro (that apparently hasn't been agreed they can as yet).

I say stay together but everything needs to be re-negotiated imo, in terms of finances each way and policies and the rest etc.
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-14, 04:39 PM   #19
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

What was the old saying???

Divide and Conquer!!

I havnt followed the issues, for or against, but suppose the Oil and Gas industry is the biggest money spinner for the Scots.

Trouble is, it will run out eventually, what will fill the gap. Tourism wont. Maybe Hydroelectricity from all the rivers and sell the power to us??

Be interesting to see what happens.

Gives some more info and what is happening in Scotland. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Scotland
Old 12-08-14, 08:09 PM   #20
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Scotland, Wales and sometimes Northan Ireland have some autonomy through their own parlliments. England doesn't have this as the other three countrys send MPs to Westminster and all 630 of them can vote on matters that only effect England!