theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 16-12-13, 08:38 AM   #11
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
think I would price up whats left.

Seats, wheels and tyres, springs, shocks, brakes.

All s/h so I'd offer £400 and max of £500.

Going to cost £150 + engine and box, £250 + to fit and then exhaust and caliper. Its the labour that would be the killer. But if you have beer tokens to BiL saves a bomb.

Go in cheap and its worth it, but could end up a money pit. Just make sure you have enough left in bits to cover your outlay, in case you have to break it in the end.
Old 16-12-13, 09:25 AM   #12
Jason04r

Jason04r is on a distinguished road
If you do get it then i've just found this enigine on ebay. Belts have been changed it on :
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Freelander...-/291038144159
Jason04r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-13, 09:28 AM   #13
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Is this the same car that was doing the rounds a month or two back in the Portsmouth area? Was bought cheap and the chap wanted silly money for it for a quick buck? Had a few mods done to it inc cams? Seems to have a sheddist fitted as well.
Old 16-12-13, 09:32 AM   #14
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Is this the same car that was doing the rounds a month or two back in the Portsmouth area? Was bought cheap and the chap wanted silly money for it for a quick buck? Had a few mods done to it inc cams? Seems to have a sheddist fitted as well.

Yeah it is, I linked to it a couple of times, interesting how it ended up getting parted out, £400 max imo, rare colour or not.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-13, 09:34 AM   #15
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=26164

Old 16-12-13, 09:34 AM   #16
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Yea and a biatch to match the paint, wasn't the rear repaired at some point? Worth £400-500 I guess if the bodykit is complete and the leather seats must be worth a few bob too.
Old 16-12-13, 09:37 AM   #17
harland292

harland292 is on a distinguished road
Just offered £600 wait n see I guess
harland292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-13, 10:55 AM   #18
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
still aint worth £600 in my point of view, colour aint that great.
Money better spent going for an already sorted ZS & quite a few around now.
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-13, 11:07 AM   #19
Jason04r

Jason04r is on a distinguished road
Seems i paid £800 for mine , bargain :P
Jason04r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-13, 11:07 AM   #20
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

A few other things to consider if you get it for a decent price, T16 ?, maybe, but not one I'd go for, one thing I would definitely consider is a 620ti box and lightened flywheel, the ti box is the same C6 as the 180 but with a Torsen diff, you'd just need to swap the clutch operating arm for a 180 one.