Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 06-12-09, 02:42 PM   #11
archermav

archermav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
Have a gander in the for sale section matey, nice black ane in there
I have looked at that one (I assume we mean the one on ebay?). Looks like a nice car, but I like em to look standard, so for me would need new wheels, rear lights then I would have to remove the tints. This is all just a matter of personal taste, not knocking the car at all.
archermav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-09, 02:48 PM   #12
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by archermav View Post
I have looked at that one (I assume we mean the one on ebay?). Looks like a nice car, but I like em to look standard, so for me would need new wheels, rear lights then I would have to remove the tints. This is all just a matter of personal taste, not knocking the car at all.
Fair do's fella, could possibly find someone wanting to swap the wheels for oe anes, sell rear lights and get oe anes - probs make money on that one. That would just leave removing the tint which i assume would be a pita?? never removed tints before but guessing it wouldn't be the easiest?
I like my plans lol
Old 06-12-09, 02:52 PM   #13
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
Fair do's fella, could possibly find someone wanting to swap the wheels for oe anes, sell rear lights and get oe anes - probs make money on that one. That would just leave removing the tint which i assume would be a pita?? never removed tints before but guessing it wouldn't be the easiest?
I like my plans lol
Just what I was thinking .....
OE wheels crop up fairly regularly, or if a swap was posted here and on XP, I'm sure that there'd be some interest. Likewise with the lights. Who knows ... in the flesh, you might even like them !

For me, the bits mentioned are secondary to the actual workings and mechanics of the car, and the driver history. The owner is known to the forums and more than likely, everything that's been done to the car has been documented. The guy's also married with kids so ain't an irresponsible "yoot".

Knowing the previous owner isn't a tw4t and that it's been cared for would tip the scales for me.

Last edited by Dan1971; 06-12-09 at 02:55 PM.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-09, 02:54 PM   #14
archermav

archermav is on a distinguished road
Removing them isn't too difficult in fairness, but can leave a sticky residue (oh missus-in me best Frankie Howard voice). And I agree with the rest of your plans, at least the audio in the car would be top notch.
archermav is offline   Reply With Quote