theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 05-12-09, 07:53 PM   #1
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Halfords tools

After having Dave do my thermostat and him making light work of bolts that I would never have got to with my socket set, was thinking about getting some add on bits for my kit but was on another forum and the banner was a halfords one showing sale items and this popped up! Must be fate lol
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...dkey=ClickInfo
Any one get further discount with a trade card?

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 08:02 PM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Makes all the differance, our workshop manager had all the right gear, loved snap on stuff.

The ring spanners with the ratchet inside were the ones that amazed me. He could undo most things with a minimum of movement of the spanner.
Old 05-12-09, 08:05 PM   #3
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Jay

the halfords kit is the nuts for the money, i bought mine years ago, and boy what a set, cost 100 quid but got less back then.

the only thing that was rubbish was the foam that sits in there to stop it all falling about.

100 quid is cheap. normally thats 150 iirc in the shop
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 08:07 PM   #4
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
well yer the bolts on the manifold inside the 'V' theres no way I would have got to them with my socket set, things like the extension bars and swivel joints just make all the difference and at that price its not bad with lifetime guarantee cant go wrong

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 05-12-09, 08:14 PM   #5
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Was £199.99? really, blimey stuff has gone up! I still have my original cheap then Kamas set, must be 20 years old! Got a few Snap-On bits left.
Old 05-12-09, 08:18 PM   #6
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
well i have many halfords tools, the tool that the bmm said about on the mgzr looked like lazer tools not halfords own, the likes of there flexi ratchet spanners are exactly the same as the gearwrench spanner, signet also uses the same company, they do a big tray for the toolbox with 1/4 deep and shallow metric and af sockets, ratchet, u/j, driver, extensions, and bits, 3/8 deep and shallow af and metric sockets, ratchet, mini breaker extensions all for £60! fills a whole draw and has most things u need. do a 1/2 tray as well with deep and shallow af and metric sockets, extensions, ratchet and breaker bar and uj.
iv added by getting the extreme 72teeth ratchet in the 3 sizes, very good and need next to no space to use it,

given £0300 quid to spend on a basic tool kit id get:
the £60 1/4" 3/8" set
the £60 1/2" set
the £60 6mm to 32mm spanner set
the flexi ratchet spanners at about £40
screw driver set and a general bits set
some e torx sockets, some 1/2" torx sockets and some 3/8" allen sockets
that list wil get most things off your car and most other cars, best value for money as if u break them take it back with ur reciept and ul get another one
Old 05-12-09, 08:22 PM   #7
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

well if my audio sells on ebay this weekend on monday think I will get down to halfords

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 05-12-09, 08:30 PM   #8
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
Halfrauds sell good tools, they are made by 4 companies:

Britool
Stanley
Laser
and the odd time Mactools, even rumours that Snap-On make tools for them too!

They change their suppliers often though, but the majority of tools sold at Halfrauds stores are made by Britool and Laser

KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 08:30 PM   #9
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
well give you an example, i bought a snapon ratchet, it was about £50, i use my £18 72 tooth one more tbh, feels much better, a set of about 10 snap on flank drive spanners is about £170, they are good, but when u do break snap on tools, you have to wait for him coming in, then have to order it up, takes usually about a month to get a replacement
Old 05-12-09, 09:11 PM   #10
Alan.F

Alan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the rough
I bought my son Halfords professional they are top tools with a life time guarantee can't beat that

Alan.F is offline   Reply With Quote