Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 26-07-12, 01:07 PM   #1
littlened

littlened is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Oh dear I think it is.................this is getting too much.
To much, am I missing something?
Old 26-07-12, 02:24 PM   #2
MG6Turbo
Banned

MG6Turbo is on a distinguished road
Hello.

Firstly we did supply an engine to this gentleman. It was returned damaged by the courier who took full responsibility for it. He was refunded at this point. We then had another engine come up which he was given the option to buy, which he did.

Unfortunately he has said that there is an issue with it, which it didnt have when it left.

As many on here will know, ive sold quite a few engines on here and not had one issue.

I offered a replacement as i had one coming in, the guy said he was a away on holiday and would contact me once he was.

The parts side has now been limited because of the certain factors which i announced on here weeks ago.

I am unable to operate the parts side full time now due to other factors, plus there is no money in it anymore.

The guy paid for a low mileage KV6, which are getting rearer than hens teeth now. So I had to wait for the right one to turn up. It has been removed and will be sent shortly.

No one has been ripped off at all.

George
Old 26-07-12, 02:48 PM   #3
MG6Turbo
Banned

MG6Turbo is on a distinguished road
Also, just another point that no one else has mentioned on here because there to quick to point fingers, is have you rang the person?

If you are going to accuse some one of ripping you off at least make the effort to ring them first. Dont rely on texs or emails as these are not infallible !!!

Its too easy to assume without finding out the facts ! A simple call would have cleared up any uncertainties in seconds rather than having to resort to public domains where its a free for all !

George
Old 26-07-12, 03:20 PM   #4
littlened

Just a few points.

I mentioned there was a problem with the engine before I went on holiday, and asked for a replacement when I returned. So the 7 weeks I've been waiting is since the day I asked for a replacement, so my holiday has nothing to do with the delay, I didn't include it.

I could of rang, yes, on the other hand, you could of rang me to tell me there was going to be a delay, or even to say you don't do this full time. Would ringing you of really got me more of an answer than I've been getting via email?

I've sent an email every week, and each week I'm told why the engine isn't with me, and that'll be here the following week. It never is, and today I'm told it'll be with me next week, but that was said last week, and the week before.

I did mention in an email last week that if the engine wasn't with me this week that I'd start seeking advice, and this is exactly what I'm doing.

If there's a short supply of low mileage engines, in all the numerous e-mails why didn't you just say, and I would of been even more understanding that I have been.

Finally, I always send e-mail because I've been burnt in the past, so I like to keep an audit trail incase things go wrong.
Old 26-07-12, 03:31 PM   #5
littlened

Just incase anyone thinks I'm being unreasonable.

Here's a record of my e-mails;

4th June - I advised there was a problem with the engine, what were my options. Told I could have an exchange, said I was going away but would sort it out when I got back.

13th June - I returned from holiday and advised I'd like a replacement engine.

17th June - Was waiting for a decent engine, one coming in that week, will be sent out on the 24th June

29th June - I chased, told the car was being delivered the next day. Engine would be out middle of the following week

6th July - I chased, personal problems caused a delay, engine would be send out the following week

20th July - I chased, personal problems caused a delay, engine would be sent out in the next couple of days

26th July - Chased again today and posted on here. I've been told the engine is almost ready and will be sent out next week.
Closed Thread