AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Parts For Sale

Old 24-01-12, 08:46 AM   #11
Nats Whiskas

Nats Whiskas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
I have to say i am gobsmacked that you are breaking the car for HGF - after stating you dont have the time to fix it.

I know a few hundred quid is not easy to stomch if things are tight - but surely it is better to keep cars alive than breaking them. the rate at which people are going to break the ZS and ZR means we will run out of them that much sooner
Actually thats A good point? How can you not have time to fix the car but can spend hours getting at the sellable parts off? Alternatively just drop if off at a garage?

It seems OTT to strip a car just because its got HGF. Like it was said above, there arn't gonna be any left shortly!!
Nats Whiskas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-12, 12:51 PM   #12
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
I must admit its rediculous the amount of good mg rovers being broken at the moment, just do an ebay search, there must be more 180s being stripped than there are complete.
As said there will be none left before long once they are gone they are gone. On the plus side if they keep getting rarer the value may go up in another 10 years or so and there will be plenty of spares in the meantime from people breaking them. Is the glass half full or half empty?

I think the best solution is you sell me your splitter and spend the money on a head gasket. Everyones a winner!
Old 24-01-12, 05:32 PM   #13
AceFactor

AceFactor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZsNutter View Post
Actually thats A good point? How can you not have time to fix the car but can spend hours getting at the sellable parts off? Alternatively just drop if off at a garage?

It seems OTT to strip a car just because its got HGF. Like it was said above, there arn't gonna be any left shortly!!
Because the car went wrong on Friday evening and I NEEDED a car for MONDAY, so I purchased one! Having a car is essential for my work, which involves a fair amount of travelling as well as getting the family around etc.

The car is now SORN, and I have a replacement car. The car I'm selling, was purchased from a friend about 18 months ago. He lost the car's history when he moved house so I have been extra vigilant with the maintenance, and before you ask I've had a Rover 25 before for 3 1/2 years so I'm not a novice to these engines.

The main (underfloor) Cat is shot on the car, as well as the cambelt coming up to its interval this year as well.

If you think the car is economical to repair, then feel free to make me a sensible offer. But when you total up the work needed, the current market value of the car, minus a lack of service history prior to 18 months ago...the car's value whole is pitiful.

I could have scrapped the car as it. Then the recycling company would have ripped people off for parts, but I'm not like that because I generally like the Rover/MG brand, and I have always found the forums/clubs/members very pleasant.

Adam
AceFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-12, 05:37 PM   #14
AceFactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Peanut View Post
If you do end up breaking it I'd be interested to see how much you want for the K&N filter and a set of straights.

Do agree that you could probably get it fixed for very little seeing as you've caught it early.
I'd be looking for £25ish for K&N filter - which would include the Recharger Cleaning Kit for you aswell.

I'd probably beelooking for £180ish for the Straights with the tyres also depending on which centre caps you wanted.

But I could probably do a deal for £200ish (give or take a little for p&p)

Adam
Old 24-01-12, 05:38 PM   #15
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
That makes a bit more sense but you'll be having the cambelt off anyway to change the head gasket.
Old 24-01-12, 05:41 PM   #16
AceFactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS Phil View Post
Condition and price for splitter please
Picture of condition:

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/r...g/DSCF3175.jpg

I'd guess around £25ish plus some arrangement on p&p

Adam
Old 24-01-12, 05:47 PM   #17
AceFactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary471 View Post
PBT (Pearl Black) Paint Code - Pearlesceant Paint

This the colour of the car?
Saloon or hatch?
If its saloon in PBT im interested in the rear bumper. Price?
PBT is the colour code, and its a Saloon.

If you check the photobucket link there are some photo's of the rear bumper.

Probably looking for £80ish and an arrangement for p&p.

Thanks,

Adam
Old 24-01-12, 05:47 PM   #18
Nats Whiskas

Nats Whiskas is on a distinguished road
Pm'ed Mate
Nats Whiskas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-12, 05:52 PM   #19
AceFactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZsNutter View Post
Pm'ed Mate
Replied to!

Adam
Old 24-01-12, 06:38 PM   #20
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
If that scuff is the only damage then I'll take it, can I just confirm there are no cracks or chunks missing? Pm me to arrange postage and payment if you like?