theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 01-06-15, 08:13 PM   #31
top_man_eldo

top_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc600 View Post
Cheers mate, I've used the Falken 914's before on my old EP3 Type R and quite liked them. That's why i got them for the ZS. Already done 800 miles on them, on motorway, and tight twisty B roads. Found them really grippy in wet and dry. Low road noise, and just the right amount of flex in the side walls. They are the XL tyres. Thing is, we all drive differently so could be down to that. What didn't you like about them?
They were good to start with, then they just lost all grip. despite doing only a few thousand on them. What attracted me to them was the wet grip rating, which as I said was excellent to start with. Taking a sweeping left hand bend the front would just wash out! I lost confidence in them in the end.
top_man_eldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 08:18 PM   #32
jc600

jc600 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by top_man_eldo View Post
They were good to start with, then they just lost all grip. despite doing only a few thousand on them. What attracted me to them was the wet grip rating, which as I said was excellent to start with. Taking a sweeping left hand bend the front would just wash out! I lost confidence in them in the end.
I don't do a lot of mileage a year (I know I've done 800mile but was a trip away), so hopefully I'll get use before they go off.

WWW.JCTUNING.CO.UK

MK2 MG ZS 180
jc600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 08:43 PM   #33
theboynoz

theboynoz is on a distinguished road
Ill second the wet weather problem, they are great in the dry but do wear quickly whether spirited driving or on the family wagon! But I just drove carefully in the wet and all was well....

Gotta say, that colour in the MK1, all polished up, looks very smart! Loved cleaning, clay barring and polishing the hell outta my TB MK1, always scrub up well. Interesting tip for the wheels too, always wondered why my mint pug 106 raptors kept they're shine etc, didn't even think about the fact I polished them till now, will do that when I refurb the 11's!! Keep up the good work!

Drives:
ZS MK2 - XPG 120+, Climate Control, Leather/Alcantara, standard so long as you ignore the backbox, and brilliant fun to drive!
Mondeo MK3 LX - Silver, family runabout, 1.8 16v, standard, does the job!

theboynoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 10:10 PM   #34
jc600

Cheers mate......I'll see how they go, if they go off.....I'll try a different tyre. But they were fine on the Ep3, even after a few thousand miles. Maybe they don't go well with the heavy V6.

Yeah, gotta say it's a colour that comes up really well.......polishing and waxing the wheels is something I've always done, after all it is paint.

WWW.JCTUNING.CO.UK

MK2 MG ZS 180
Old 02-06-15, 03:25 AM   #35
BRMFUN

BRMFUN is on a distinguished road
Mk1 in Trophy Blue really looks good!!
MG ZTT 135
MGB GT 1973 original automatic
BRMFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-15, 06:12 AM   #36
jc600

Cheers mate.

WWW.JCTUNING.CO.UK

MK2 MG ZS 180
Old 02-06-15, 07:14 PM   #37
jc600

Well it's back......New cambelts, tensioners, pulleys, water pump, coolant flushed, replaced and tested, brake fluid replaced, oil and filter changed, spark plugs changed (all genuine parts). And they fitted the refurbed caliper I brought. And gave it a check over.

Seems to drive alot smoother.

My new silicone HT leads arrived today, so I'll get them fitted after work tomorrow.

Would normally do a lot of work on my cars myself. But didn't fancy the Cambelt change lol......and as they gave me a really good price, I thought I might as well. Plus it keeps the full service history in place.

WWW.JCTUNING.CO.UK

MK2 MG ZS 180

Last edited by jc600; 02-06-15 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-06-15, 07:20 PM   #38
jc600

Fitted new HT leads, also cleaned the throttle body out and sprayed a bit of intake cleaner through.

Engine bay needs a good clean.

WWW.JCTUNING.CO.UK

MK2 MG ZS 180
Old 03-06-15, 10:37 PM   #39
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Great to see a ZS getting the love it deserves, these ones are going to be the future classics- not many like this left now unfortunately.
You must be spending a small fortune on it!
Old 04-06-15, 06:19 AM   #40
jc600

Thanks mate, thing is I had a budget of £2500 for a car.......and all the cars I looked at were dogs, and tatty. They all needed tyres and brakes. Some were nearly out of Mot. Others needed a respray etc. This was £1000 to buy, with 12 months Mot. Full service history, every receipt, original order form, letters from MG dealership. Option extras of electric sun roof, electric rear windows and rear head rests. On 78k miles.

I knew the Cambelt, brakes and tyres needed doing. And knew the costs involved. So far, including buying the car it owes me about £2550. Which is fine by me. It's a solid car and well worth it. I now have a sweet running, clean, tidy car within my budget.

Always wanted a ZS 180, after my ZR and I'm now a proud owner of one.

People may call me mad, but I don't care lol......would rather have this than a rusty banger for the same money I've spent.

WWW.JCTUNING.CO.UK

MK2 MG ZS 180