theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 29-04-12, 07:28 AM   #11
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Does the tf brakes make a difference? I was told they couldn't provide anywhere near the zs180 brakes braking force due to tiny piston area in total...

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-12, 10:12 PM   #12
s18had

s18had is on a distinguished road
4 pots work a treat. Good improvement over the620ti set up I had on there, the other reason for fitting them is cheapness of pads and the range of pads avaible for them, they work great ontrack with great peddle feel, I got told it was a waste of time to fit the buy lots of people, all of which had not fitted them there selfs so how would they know anyway
s18had is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-12, 11:25 PM   #13
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by s18had View Post
they are indeed the tf 4 pots on a zr, but not on zr hubs, you have to remove too much meat from the zr hubs so ithey are on r8 hubs with the 4 bolt holes in the back with custom brackets and fait 308mm discs machined down to fit, also had to change lower arms, track rod ends and rollbar mounts, more work than expected but you get the mg logo on there
Yeh, I saw a thread on Rover tech I think it was with a guy who chopped loads off to make them fit a ZR hub, deffo didnt look safe especially given the fact that where he had cut went to a right angle so just asking to fracture.
Sounds like you have got around it a good way by using parts from the older Rovers, us ZS folk don't have that option though unfortunately
Old 23-05-12, 09:15 PM   #14
john180

john180 will become famous soon enough
totally missed this thread. thats a nice looking zs! thats was the colour i originally wanted but ended up with a black one and now the twilight. i still love the ignition blue tho.

Vics car has changed a lot since i last saw it!

looking good
Old 24-05-12, 09:17 PM   #15
s18had

s18had is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by john180 View Post
totally missed this thread. thats a nice looking zs! thats was the colour i originally wanted but ended up with a black one and now the twilight. i still love the ignition blue tho.

Vics car has changed a lot since i last saw it!

looking good
i waited for the right car and got a good one so was very happy, nearly got a black one but decided to wait. yea vics zr has changed, its now off the road to under go some improvments to the body and engine after its last outing later this month at snetterton
s18had is offline   Reply With Quote