theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Parts For Sale

Old 02-10-14, 10:35 PM   #1
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
brembo kit on the zs

Its not mine, just thought I would post a link as the chap is providing really good honest info on the issues he has found when fitting these...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/406-Coupe-...item234138fffc
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-14, 10:37 AM   #2
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
I feel a need to comment on this, particularly his claim to have developed the kit, it appears to me to be the kit that Rob and Simon on RT developed for the R8/zr, which has also been used on the zs.

To address some of the issues he raises, first the lower ball joint fouling the disc, this occurs because on the R8/zr the lower joint is fitted pointing upwards whereas on the zs it points downwards and the nut can make light contact with the inner face of the disc, the solution is to use a reduced hex nut on the lower joint, the disc will still need spacing, but nothing like the 5mm he used.

The second issue with the wheel fouling the caliper is something else that wasn't so much of an issue with the R8/zr, but is more so with the zs, I used 7mm hubcentric spacers so I could run with mk2 11 spoke wheels, some of the aftermarket wheels have much better clearance, and some of the OZ wheels will fit without spacers I am told.

His issues with the tyres fouling the arches I can't really comment on, I haven't had that problem, but I'm only about 10mm lower than standard, but if you went lower then rubbing might be an issue, but it would only be the plastic liners that fouled so a bit of trimming should address that problem.

Finally, that is a bargain price for the amount of parts included, although I think he may be using the wrong Focus discs, which might have added to his clearance issues.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-14, 02:19 PM   #3
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
Didn't last long lol

ZS Appreciation Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475756782447499/

> ZR 105 (Broken) > MK2 ZS 180 (Sold) > MK1 ZS 180 (Sold) > ZR Replica (Dead) > MK1 ZS 180 (Broken)
Lukeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-14, 08:07 PM   #4
Drew

Drew has a spectacular aura aboutDrew has a spectacular aura about
didn't look at the link but the brembodge on my mk2 with 7mm spacers and std wheels, i dropped about 40mm and drove with no rubbing on the inner arches.

Drew
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote