theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 08-10-16, 11:13 AM   #1
ian zs180

ian zs180 is on a distinguished road
New bulbs and well happy with them

Ive had quite a few sets of high performance bulbs in my zed and gotta say they don't last very long . Now I know that these bulbs don't last as long as the standard bulbs . ive used Philips extreme wish is a good bulb gives noticeable better light than standard and ive also had a few sets of osram nightbreakers again good bulb but don't last 5 minutes . So I thought id try something different I got Ring xenon130 and I,m so impressed with them they give better light than the Philips or the osram but don't know how long there gona last yet they only been in 2 weeks . So if anyone is thinking of upgrading bulbs I would highly recommend these .
ian zs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-16, 02:35 PM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Love the Osram Night breakers, had them in the ZS and TF, 3 OR 4 years now and no problems, great white light.
Old 08-10-16, 07:26 PM   #3
R8NMG

R8NMG will become famous soon enough
I normally get about 2 years plus out of either Phillips Extreme or the Osram Nightbreaker. This of course depends how much night driving one does.
R8NMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-16, 10:38 AM   #4
ian zs180

ian zs180 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Love the Osram Night breakers, had them in the ZS and TF, 3 OR 4 years now and no problems, great white light.
I,m not even getting 12 months out of the osrams at first I was thinking maybe its just my zed but my newpew has the same problem in his clio 197 with the osrams they are a great bulb and give a nice bright white light I gotta admit but these rings ive got in now do seem even better .
ian zs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-16, 12:00 AM   #5
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Philips blue lighters, whiter light but use less power than the hi-po bulbs so get less hot so get last longer.
Old 10-10-16, 11:31 AM   #6
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
I can't remember what it was that I put in my ZS, but I think they were night breakers, and they hadn't blown the last time I used the car...

maybe they've changed the manufacturing of them recently, as they used to be really reliable...
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote