theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 10-10-16, 11:23 AM   #221
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Mains power (3 pin plug socket) as well? Is that so you can charge your phone whilst sitting in the trailer?

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-16, 11:39 AM   #222
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Not quite but I am looking for a socket so I can plug in jump leads rather than uncovering the battery that is buried in all the rubbish in the boot and if ever I get around to the LPG the filler will be there too.
Old 25-06-17, 07:05 PM   #223
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
So nothing to report recently really, I haven't been driving her because she desperately needs an oil change, gearbox fluid change and one of the CV boots has split leading to a CV joint starting to fail.

I should of been doing these but got engrossed in changing the sub frames on my F to TF (hydragas to conventional springs) which involved breaking a TF and ended up buying a later more powerful engine which requires a rewire of half the car....

And before I'd finished Mrs TC came up with the bright idea of a hot tub (I'm not really objecting as I have arthritis) and she wanted it on a deck, not just big enough for the tub but 35 square meters.....

What you can't see is the 5 cubic meters of removed soil to get the depth for the supporting joists or the 80 concrete blocks laid in the corner to support the tub.

All the rubbish had to gout through the conservatory in buckets and all the inbound materials came over the fence (and our neighbours garden when they were out) using my hiab crane truck.

We finished decking yesterday and Mrs TC painted it with sealant stain today while I did the above jobs on FE54.

or I would have done - despite regularly starting her the battery was completely dead, a booster pack wouldn't work, a jump from the ZR wouldn't work and even the battery from the F connected by jumps leads was a waste of time. She wasn't even turning.

When the first coat of sealant had dried (and the F1 finished) I could get to my spare batteries, fitted the one from the TF (charged in January) and she started first turn of the key! Unfortunately too late to do anything useful.

And one little moan - one of my wonderful neighbours decided to report FE54 as not taxed and abandoned so I had a letter, upon return from holiday politely informing me the car is untaxed and will be removed, I don't know where the council checked by a quick on the DVLA site confirmed tax and a quick check on askMID confirmed insurance.
Old 25-06-17, 07:44 PM   #224
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Hot tub, hope it's not a 5 minute wonder, most people I know have used them very little and sold them.

So the ZS was all legal then? Even a neighbour can find out if it's MOT'd so no excuse, obviously not computer savvy!
Old 25-06-17, 07:51 PM   #225
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Always one.
Old 25-06-17, 09:44 PM   #226
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
My, what a big deck you have ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9858ev8E94
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-17, 10:40 PM   #227
talkingcars

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
So the ZS was all legal then? Even a neighbour can find out if it's MOT'd so no excuse, obviously not computer savvy!
You'd have thought the council would have checked before sending out threatening letters.

It's the second time they have done it, the first time was the ZR.
Old 11-08-17, 10:20 PM   #228
talkingcars

Two months in and the tub gets used almost every day, the only time we don't is when it's very windy, windy enough to move the parasol we use when it's wet.
Old 12-08-17, 09:46 AM   #229
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Old 12-08-17, 10:55 AM   #230
talkingcars

And the car has had a bit of love too.

I got the garage to swap the failed CV joints and plate the rusty jacking point, although I can do both it isn't practical outside here parked on the double yellows.

They also did the MOT (failed on front number plate being blue?).

Last night I did an oil change, today I intend to do the gear box fluid.