theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 24-09-10, 06:19 PM   #11
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem View Post
Thats good to hear it go through good old dervs...I was going to send mine to a Nationwide place but thought they might be looking for work to be done on the car.
If you query a fail or advise, you can get them to show you. You dont have to get it done by them.........Although in these harsh economic times, some MOT garages may want the work.

My MOT tester, knows me, and wouldn't dare rip me off. Id stop his discount on any parts he bought off me to start with lol.......
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-10, 06:24 PM   #12
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Nice one Peter, that is what they call a good result
Old 24-09-10, 06:25 PM   #13
Jem

Jem is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuartamc View Post
Nice one. If you're worried about a garage wanting an excuse to do work on your car that might not need doing, you could always use the mot centres that councils use. They only do mots at these places, not repairs so it's of no interest to them to suggest work that doesn't need doing yet, if at all. Legally they have to open to the public too so you just have to fid them and book up. Haven't tried it myself yet mind, but sounds good to me anyway. Here's a link about it: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-mot
Cheers i had heared about the council ones once again there isn't one near me but its allways good to know about these places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona365 View Post
If you query a fail or advise, you can get them to show you. You dont have to get it done by them.........Although in these harsh economic times, some MOT garages may want the work.

My MOT tester, knows me, and wouldn't dare rip me off. Id stop his discount on any parts he bought off me to start with lol.......
That is true,The person i take mine to now is very good a ex MG mechanic so i do know my zed is in safe hands,Seems to allways know what the problem is before he gets the car on the ramps.

But im crossing my fingers that i might be moving before my next mot so i shall have to decide where i want to take my zed.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me View Post
How can I be so thirsty in the morning, when I drank so much last night?:
Jem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-10, 06:31 PM   #14
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuartamc View Post
Nice one. If you're worried about a garage wanting an excuse to do work on your car that might not need doing, you could always use the mot centres that councils use. They only do mots at these places, not repairs so it's of no interest to them to suggest work that doesn't need doing yet, if at all. Legally they have to open to the public too so you just have to fid them and book up. Haven't tried it myself yet mind, but sounds good to me anyway. Here's a link about it: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-mot
Good point, but to be fair to Nationwide, they didnt push to have any repairs done.

Old 24-09-10, 06:36 PM   #15
Jem

Jem is on a distinguished road
Does nationwide still do discounts if you are a member of the AA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me View Post
How can I be so thirsty in the morning, when I drank so much last night?:
Jem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-10, 06:38 PM   #16
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Quote:
Dont know, but for ?27.42p, well pleased.

Old 24-09-10, 06:41 PM   #17
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
The ?27.42 is for online, or members of AA...check the nationwide web site.

My mot tester, always know whats wrong with my cars........."ME" he normally says
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-10, 06:45 PM   #18
Stuartamc

Stuartamc is on a distinguished road
Good answer!!
Stuartamc is offline   Reply With Quote