theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 14-06-13, 07:26 AM   #31
tcb 180

tcb 180 will become famous soon enough
Nice work and the end result is one very unique motor. Well done.
tcb 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-13, 12:20 PM   #32
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Nice one - lots of time gone into that.... it would have taken me longer to do probably even if i did not have lots of other things going on...
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-13, 06:39 PM   #33
Malteser

Malteser is on a distinguished road
Hey Everyone,

Well keeping in the spirit of not really keeping anything standard on this car, I thought I might as well get started on the body work. So my plan is to fit a full MKII ZS 180 kit to the original Rover body and bumpers. This is gonna be a lot of work fitting it and everything but I think it will come out looking awesome.

So enters Project Playschool!!! ( for reference to what I mean: http://www.goaliestore.com/board/att...yskool-car.jpg . This is because I have some red, a different shade of red, white, grey and yellow parts to piece together onto my black car which will then be sprayed the original Anthracite)

So so far I have the MKI ZS front lip placed and semi bonded to the front bumper, and started working on the driver's side wing by cutting the vent hole and semi fitting the kit part there as well...not bad for 1 hours work I think!

And the pics:

More progress soon to come...hopefully!!!
Malteser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-13, 07:40 PM   #34
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Always enjoy your posts, bet it will look mint when its all finished.

Old 30-08-13, 08:52 PM   #35
Malteser

Well been a bit busy but I guess I can update this a bit...lol. The body work that I have done to put on the kit is gonna take a step backwards. I have to take apart everything that I did because I forgot one massive thing. It is best to work with the body panels on the car due to the flex issues of each individual car in order to get them perfect especially since I have to fit the kit to my car. So hopefully gonna start that this week.

The led project is 99% finished. got the lights in the lenses, lenses tinted and installed in the car...just a few small things to tidy up this week and then pics and videos will come up.

Patience...sorry guys
Old 31-08-13, 07:57 AM   #36
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Sounds like a lot of work, good luck with it all.

Old 11-09-13, 03:25 PM   #37
Malteser

Well folks, here is an update!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Started taking the Rover apart to fix a few niggles on the front end. This car was involved in a minor front end collision sometime in its lifetime and the front passenger side crush can was dented and never replaced so I replaced both of those with the ones pulled off the white Rover. Also fitted the other horn that was missing so now have the louder horn sound because of the third interval between them. Sounds good now!

Then I started fitting the pieces that I had started on and the other pieces that I was going to work with that were from the white Rover.

As you can see from this last picture, the MG ZS lip spoiler was rubbing against the tire so the only way I could keep that from rubbing while I took it to my Uncle's for some work was to put a roll of duct tape between it and the bumper. Unfortunately no picture but I got a lot of stares and my Uncle couldn't stop laughing!

Then when I was taking a few panels out to use them, I found a friend I haven't seen in a while. Now I know why!

Poor thing!...lol...more of a fossil than a reptile now.

Anywho, went to my Uncle's to help me fit the other front fender. I had bought parts of this kit as a lot and the passenger side 180 kit came with the fender attached, and I figured instead of trying to take it off and possibly breaking it, I would just modify the fender to fit. Which it did very nicely. Thanks Uncle Charlie!!!

Now 75% of the kit is on and this is what it looks like.

Old 11-09-13, 03:31 PM   #38
Malteser

Also, you might be noticing the taillights. Yes. Those are 95% done. They are tinted, and the leds are fitted and work! I just have to fix one broken connection within one turn signal and another in a brake light but that is the genius behind the leds, If one goes out, the others still flash!!! Also have to put a clear coat on the taillight to give the tinted area that nice factory looking finish.

Here is what the led panels look like when they flash. These are my two test runs before placing them into the taillight assemblies. (Click on them to view the video)

Old 11-09-13, 03:33 PM   #39
Malteser

Also in a few more days, hopefully, I will have some pictures of the interior gauge pad setup which is almost done as well. This week has been a very productive one!!!
Old 11-09-13, 04:04 PM   #40
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

Coming on well, lights nice and bright.

Lot of work going on.